Reptile Forums banner

purple tiger stripe bearded dragons

7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Becky Wheeler 
#1 ·
I currently have 24 baby beardeds that will be ready soon, both parents ar purple tiger stripes

this is dad when i got him

and this is mum

they will be priced between 70-100 each

I will hold onto them with deposits and will have a table at doncaster

See less See more
#3 ·
same question as andy ( hades dragons) baby pics if possible???? If the purple stripes strong on the babies i wouldnt actually mind paying the asking price for somethign unusual liek that... its really prety.. my BF beardie has purple stripes down its back but unfortunately as its a rescue it has MBD so cant breed...

is the purple stripe genetic do you know ... if so id be interested... or is it just a colour phase sort of thing like my yellow dragon is... thanks dirtydozen :)

#4 ·
is the purple stripe genetic do you know ... if so id be interested... or is it just a colour phase sort of thing like my yellow dragon is... thanks dirtydozen :)
From what I've heard about them (admittedly not a lot) it is genetic - as is any colour in beardies. There isn't a single "purple tiger" gene like there is with e.g. Hypo. Instead there's lots of genes, each of which has a small effect on the size and tone of the sidebars. This is the same with "yellow" or "blood red"; if a dragon gets a lot of the genes, each one has a small effect, which adds up to produce a really nice yellow / citrus dragon. If it doesn't have many, then you get one that looks "normal", but with a yelloish tone to it.

I'm pretty sure Tiger's a selectively-bred trait, like red, yellow etc, but will wait for DD to confirm that...

#7 ·
will sort some pics later when iam feeding the little rascals lol they are showing the stripes well but as for the colour im not sure as iam colour blind so you will have to judge for yoursef. Like andy said they contain a few different traits that bring out the actuall morph

#8 ·
hereis a couple of pix,

#9 ·
bump bump

#10 ·
bump bump

#12 ·
yes i will have a table at doncaster with babies available

#13 ·
one reserved

#14 ·
another on hold

#15 ·
bump bump

#17 ·
ca always use rep taxi:2thumb:

#18 ·
OMG they are stunning oh god i need to stop i am buying new reps all the time a i need a bigger house lmao wish i could babe hopefully next time round but free bump for you anyway

xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.