Senegal parrot. - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Avian

Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Gold Star Member
Default Senegal parrot.

Meet Pandora. I've had her a fee months. She's 7 months old. Took to me really well and fast. I have a bull mastiff that hates other animals so had to be careful with him. Although they don't get on Samson has been absolutely tremendous. Here are some pics.

Day I got her.

Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Regular

She's gorgeous! Lovely looking mastiff too!
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnattyDreadHead View Post
She's gorgeous! Lovely looking mastiff too!
Cheers. They're both phenomenal.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Old 13-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Gold Star Member

She's thoroughly enjoying a crunchy left over roach that the Asian mantis part ate.

Ron Magpie and Kiwibird like this.

Old 26-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Gold Star Member

Chilli for breakfast.

Ron Magpie and Rach1 like this.

Old 26-09-2014, 10:40 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basin79 View Post
She's thoroughly enjoying a crunchy left over roach that the Asian mantis part ate.

Both Rilla (the Tinmeh African grey) and Lexi (the Senegal) enjoy the occasional chicken bone left over after a roast. They don't care much about any meat scraps, but adore the marrow!
Basin79 and Iaintanz like this.
Old 26-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Magpie View Post
Both Rilla (the Tinmeh African grey) and Lexi (the Senegal) enjoy the occasional chicken bone left over after a roast. They don't care much about any meat scraps, but adore the marrow!
I try and give Pandora a varied diet. Tried her with bones. She just throws them down to the bottom of her cage. She does enjoy the occasional bit of chicken though. I can certainly see why Parrots are called the pigeons of the jungle. They'll eat bloody all sorts. (I'll just add Pandora has a very healthy diet with occasional treats. I don't just give her anything).
Ron Magpie likes this.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Gold Star Member

All that commotion in her cage to come out and all she wanted to do was sleep on my shoulder. She's an absolute star.

Rach1 and scottishbluebird like this.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Gold Star Member

Gave Pandora's cage a change around to keep things fresh for her.

scottishbluebird likes this.

Old 24-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Regular

What a cutie! Looks like you've got a nice setup too. Good to get her on a wide variety of foods young! Just be sure those are feeder roaches, and not wild ones I grew up with a house full of parrots who all went after bugs any chance they got. One got worms once after he got hold of a (wild) black house cricket. My amazon is too much of a he-diva to eat bugs but he will eat (plain) scrambled eggs and a little cheese here and there. Best of luck with her!