Reptile Forums banner

Another Corn Breeding Question...

561 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cornmorphs 
#1 ·
This has probably been asked in the past but ive been looking through the threads with no luck.

I've been putting my female corn to the male over the last month with no success, yesterday i was re-arranging the vivs and i just put her in with him so i cud move the RUBs/Vivs more easily and they finally connected with each other. I put her in with him today and they linked up again.

Now both times ive deffo seen them connected. My question is; do i have to put them together a few more times to make sure or shall i leave it now and we will see if he has lead in his pencil, so to speak?

#3 ·
After re-reading Kathy & Bill Loves Corn book, it says (basically) when they seperate if there is a small amount of yellowish spillage (semen) that that almost always follows a successful breeding episode. I have just cleaned out that spillage :2thumb:

#4 ·
I usually only put mine together once to be honest, I have never seen copulation and not had a female get gravid from it, although some breeders I know put them together 2 or 3 times to be sure.

#6 ·
i have put some of mine together 5 or 6 times this year,, but any where i have witnessed a mating, ihavent put them back together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.