Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding



  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Firthbeast's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,234
Default Het albino bred with spider royal

Any one have any experience breeding spider royal with het albino?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 02:01 AM
corny girl's Avatar
Balls to the lot of you
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 11,671
Default

No experience, but is the Spider also Het Albino? If not it's a pointless breeding as any hatchlings would only be 50% possible Het Albino (only if the Het is a 100%), you wouldn't know which ones were unless you kept them & bred them back to the Het Albino.
SpiritSerpents likes this.
__________________





Member 29559







Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 09:42 AM
spiny tails's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 1,334
Default

I bred a male spider het albino to a female het albino last season
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Firthbeast's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,234
Default

so a Het albino bred to a spider will produce? Spider and normals s 50% Het I've got 2 Het Albino Royals and a spider, only the normals are 100% Het
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbeast View Post
so a Het albino bred to a spider will produce? Spider and normals s 50% Het I've got 2 Het Albino Royals and a spider
yes mate.

this might come in handy in future > Genetic Wizard 3.0 - World of Ball Pythons

what sexes are your snakes? i would look at replacing the spider with a spider het albino personally (especially if he is the male)

Last edited by Dave Balls; 13-03-2012 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Firthbeast's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Balls View Post
yes mate.

this might come in handy in future > Genetic Wizard 3.0 - World of Ball Pythons

what sexes are your snakes? i would look at replacing the spider with a spider het albino personally (especially if he is the male)
Female spider and one female 100% HET 1 100% HET male
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Banned
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbeast View Post
Female spider and one female 100% HET 1 100% HET male
that makes more sense

id look at a different male for the spider to be honest mate, seems a waste to put a het albino to her.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Firthbeast's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Balls View Post
that makes more sense

id look at a different male for the spider to be honest mate, seems a waste to put a het albino to her.
Cheers for the link? I've been given some shoddy advise I'm afraid but still I might still be getting another male. What do you reckon? I prefer the lighter morphs Bob Clarke had a mint mojave hypo £650
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,335
Default

Breed the two het albinos together.

Keep back an albino male. Breed to female spider. Keep back either a pair, or a female spider, now het albino. Breed pair or female spider het albino to albino male. Hope you win the odds game. Curse loudly when Murphy foils your plans.
Dave Balls likes this.
__________________
~Megan~
11.12 Corn snakes
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 13-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Firthbeast's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSerpents View Post
Breed the two het albinos together.

Keep back an albino male. Breed to female spider. Keep back either a pair, or a female spider, now het albino. Breed pair or female spider het albino to albino male. Hope you win the odds game. Curse loudly when Murphy foils your plans.
thanks for that I think I better write that down and stick it in my snake room.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW England Spider royal female and male albino royal wanted Royalgeckos Snake Classifieds 0 09-12-2011 10:22 PM
Spider albino royal gabriel76 Snakes 3 17-04-2010 09:56 AM
breeding an albino royal with spider royal python outcome? coral1 Genetics 2 29-03-2010 09:23 PM
09 UK bred Male Spider Royal Caz Snake Classifieds 11 22-12-2009 07:27 PM
Albino bred to spider Bar1 Genetics 10 21-03-2008 05:33 PM


Help For Heros

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)
Privacy Policy