Reptile Forums banner

Getting a D.W.A license

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Incubuss 
#1 ·
i know you have to be 18, but thats ALL i know =]

sooooo, im hoping when im 18, to get a house share with 2 mates, who also are very passionate about their reptiles, (beardies, geckos, boas, corns, royals, tortoises. between us)

so, in 2/3 years i would like to get a diamondback, they are maginficent, and i love to watch them =]

also, i need a D.W.A to work at the local rep store due to the amount of venomous.

any ways of going about geting one are appreciated =]

cheers, jack.

#2 ·
If I were you I would try keeping some of the more aggressive snakes while you are waiting. Hots are for the VERY experienced keepers, so get the experience while you can.

#3 ·
Get your local reptile store to mentor you in the meantime. You will benefit from someone elses experience and also, being able to demonstrate a considerable period of time being mentored will go a long way when you do put in your application. Get experince with fast, defensive snakes, read up on your chosen species', talk to other hot keepers and above all, listen and learn.

#5 ·
what would be a good more aggressive?

at the mo we have a rainbow boa, asian rat, carolina corn, royal.

just babies really XDXD

although my freinds asian rat has taken turn for the worst, and has gone really aggressive, and also has a passionate HAT for the tetleys tea monkey :whistling2:

lol, cheers, jack.

yes i am 16, lol.

#8 ·
Try an aggressive thai beauty (a WC would be best), they use them for traing cobra fighters in thailand. Or go for a ATB or something like that.

#15 ·
Thai beauty - Elaphe taeniura friesei

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.