Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Equipment & Supplies

Old 14-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Super Citizen
Question which rain system

Evening all i'm looking into getting a rain system for my veiled cham and my cwd,so far i've got it down to 2 the exoterra monsoon rain system or the lucky reptile super rain misting system and have heard mixed reviews about both,although i do like the idea ov a remote on the monsoon,can anyone please help with my decision or even if there are any other good alternatives on the market,within the same price range.cheers all
Old 15-07-2011, 12:11 AM
RFUK Premium Membership

I have one from Pollywog but find it noisy and have heard the lucky reptile one is also rather loud. I do like the look of the exo but have heard that mist king is better ( or is it rain king? Sorry!) I used mine for my Yemen but he hated it! SO I have gone back to a drip system with an adjustable drip head from a hyroponic shop. Turned down low it drips for about 3 days before running out. The conner takes about 1.5 ltr. Cost me less than a fiver. I'm not saying not to get a misting system - after all I though it would be great, just Cham dulled and stayed black for days! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/389061161125230/
Old 15-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Gold Star Member

If you want quiet,reliable,expandable,well tested and proven. . . .

Vivarium Land - for all your naturalistic terrarium needs
. . .and If you absolutely want the most feature laden controller with the utmost flexibility,accuracy for complete system automation then . . .

EcoZone Vivarium - Reptile Snake and Herp Environmental Control. Temperature, Lighting, Mister Control, Dimmable Lighting, Vivarium Terrarium Backgrounds
Regards
Marcus
Old 15-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Citizen
Thumbs up cheers mate

Yes mate my cham hates being sprayed,so the dripper attachment would be used for her,the mist would be for my cwd,ive been looking into the mistking and dartfrogs own brand but for my requirements,so far the advise they gave me when contacted they both seem to be overkill and a bit expensive for my needs but thanks any way mate.
Old 15-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungy View Post
Evening all i'm looking into getting a rain system for my veiled cham and my cwd,so far i've got it down to 2 the exoterra monsoon rain system or the lucky reptile super rain misting system and have heard mixed reviews about both,although i do like the idea ov a remote on the monsoon,can anyone please help with my decision or even if there are any other good alternatives on the market,within the same price range.cheers all
If you're looking to do it on the cheap,ignore my suggestions,I have to admit when I read in your initial post about good alternatives,I thought I'd suggest "The best"for you,even though hardly at the same price point. . .Consider any potential future needs of the system (What initially may seem expensive could work out much better value in the mid/long term) .good luck with whatever choice you make. . . I hope the result you get works out well for your cham.
Cheers
Marcus
Old 15-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Super Citizen
Thumbs up cheers....Again

Hi mate its not really so much a price issue that came across abit strong its more the over kill factor,and convenience the 2 I mentioned come more or less a complete unit with 2 or 3 mist ends a dripper and water container more of a complete unit rather than a more or less build your own.I've already got a system I made myself ,with hydroponic sprays and an old high pressure aquarium pump it works well but it's a bit messy looking I like the idea of a complete unit which can be added to if needed(will be needed , like people say reps are addictive)

Tags
misters, rain system