Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > General Herp Chat

Old 11-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Forum Citizen
Default Serpentus Exotics - Townhill Dunfermline

just sticking this up to say what a braw wee shop, only nipped in today for some substrate and they cant be any nicer! the girl (never seem to catch her name) is as friendly as they come and was even willing to part-ex my current viv for a bigger one! which i ended up ordering lol

top shop well worth the visit for anyone local

Old 11-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Premier Citizen

Going down there hopefully in next few weeks, heard good things and after a few bits and bobs.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Super Regular

leaping lizards, york is the best shop in the north
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloop View Post
just sticking this up to say what a braw wee shop, only nipped in today for some substrate and they cant be any nicer! the girl (never seem to catch her name) is as friendly as they come and was even willing to part-ex my current viv for a bigger one! which i ended up ordering lol

The lady you were talking to is Nicky, sha and her husband Ryan own the shop, between them they have some 20 years experience and the shop is fantastic. Only problem is we seem to spend alot of money there lol.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee-travis View Post
leaping lizards, york is the best shop in the north
Haha, York is hardly that far North. Would take me around 5-6 hours to get there from where i live in Scotland hehe.
Old 13-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlucy View Post
The lady you were talking to is Nicky, sha and her husband Ryan own the shop, between them they have some 20 years experience and the shop is fantastic. Only problem is we seem to spend alot of money there lol.
yea that seems to be a downfall for most people like i said just went in for a 5quid bag of aspen lol ended up with a new viv ordered

(dont tell the wife!)

Old 13-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Gold Star Member
Send a message via MSN to weeminx

good to see a few of you have found this shop as it says in my signature this is the biggest and best reptile shop in fife!!!
really really good friends of mine and i for one do not go anywhere else for all my reptile needs and advice. hope to see more of you at the shop in the future!!!

Old 23-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Egg
Default python shed

hi folks new to this site but used to be a regular at critterz is it the same ryan that used to help out at vee's that has this shop ?? would any of you have a phone number for the shop need to get some advice on my royal python her sheds are become more patchy she still has some of the old skin attached ive tried soaking her and managed to remove most of it myself but she still has the old eye caps not sure what the best way would be to help remove them without hurting her any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 23-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Viva Le France.
Reviews: 16

Yep, That's the same Ryan.

Can't fault Serpentus, amazing place, amazing people, amazing service.
GO THERE NOW.

Fotzenlappen.
Old 24-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloop View Post

they have an unusual policy for vivs that they sell also, if you need to upgrade a viv (e.g. buy something bigger as your snake grows) they are willing to take back any viv that you buy from them at full price if you get a bigger viv from them.
example - you buy a £80 2x2 (not sure if this price is correct but it is just an example) and need to upgrade to £140 4x2. if the 2x2 is in good condition then take it back and get the 4x2 for £60.
i have heard of other shops doing similar but never a full price exchange.
as to the shop itself, its nice to go into a rep shop not feel squashed and able to have a look at all reps they have including the quarentine zone they will be setting up in the future. ryan and nicky have chosen to hide nothing from the public (regarding the reps in their care ) and i got a tour of rooms that were under construction and told of plans they have for the shop. only been once but will deff go more as they even give cups of tea for the weary

Rehab is for quitters!