Reptile Forums banner

Custom Jungle Vivarium for Royal Python.

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  *Blackadder* 
#1 ·
I haven't done a build thread this time around, but above the finished pictures I have included a link to the Facebook album which shows the step by step progress of the build.

The theme of this build was a ruined jungle temple, based on those seen in Thailand. I have always loved the idea of a 'giant' snake roaming around an ancient temple, as the giant guardian of its secrets and treasures.

As well as the build itself, I made several silk flower planters (3 x lilac, 2 x fern) as part of my double intention to provide suitable coverage and add to the jungle-like feel. I also used artificial ivy to make a wall mounted pot and a wrapped branch. This viv is light with LEDs on a dimmer for both day and night viewing (thank you reptiles-ink!) and heated with a ceramic bulb. This was built into a Vivexotic VX36 vivarium.

Build Album: Facebook Pictures

Finished Article:

Detail of Centre-Piece:

See less See more
#2 ·
wow that looks awesome :) !! i like that a lot !!

#3 ·
That does look awesome puts my Crestie tank to shame! :p

Bret.

Reactions: Recluso
#7 ·
He's in shed at the moment, so right now it seems there's no snake in there ;) When he actually surfaces again, I'm hoping to be able to get a few shots. He's taken his first feed for me in there too, so as a Royal, I'm dead chuffed with him xD

Thanks for all the nice feedback ^_^ I'm happy to answer any questions regarding my method.

#10 ·
That is fantastic, will be starting a build for my royal later this year and that is great inspiration!!

#11 ·
Stunning viv look the statue centre piece, but what bedding is in there? I would have gone with some coco fibre to add to the stunning jungle theme

#12 ·
I've got orchid bark in there which seems to work well as it's nice and dark and chunky looking. Dave was originally on aspen but I didn't think it would work as well, plus the bark is better with humidity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.