NW England Available Giant / Tropical Pet Beetles for Sale or Exchange from pet_insects - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Classifieds > Reptile Classifieds - Exotics for Sale and Wanted > Invert Classifieds

Old 27-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Regular
RFUKTrader: 1 / 100%
Sale OR Swap  

Price £0
Location Southpor, NW England
Shipping
Payment Options Paypal, Cash

Thumbs up Available Giant / Tropical Pet Beetles for Sale or Exchange from pet_insects

Hi there everyone, it's been a while since I have been on the forum, so sorry for any messages that may have gone unanswered. I have a few beetles and larvae available for sale / exchange at the moment, including some very large or unusual species.

All beetles are captive reared and are suitable and ready for breeding. I keep imagos separately, so all females are unmated (they will lay all of their eggs for you!)

For those new to beetle keeping..... don't worry! It is not some mystical arcane art, keeping most beetle species is actually really simple and they are quite low maintenance. There are just a few simple and basic principles which I cover in the care sheets I provide.

For exchanges / swaps I am mainly interested in unusual Cetonids (Flower Beetles) at the moment, so let me know if you have anything that is less commonly available and maybe we can do an exchange.

Please email me pendemarc@yahoo.com with any enquiries. I accept Paypal, cash or cheque.

Also please view my photobucket album which has some other nice photos of species in my collection from the past and present:
Pictures by pet_insects - Photobucket

Also please see my new pet beetles blog that I will try to keep updated with my available spares and also I will be writing some helpful tips for rearing beetles and making substrate etc. just as soon as I find the time:
Pet Beetles - Rearing Tips, Sales & Exchanges

Anyway, currently available are (in no particular order):

Dynastes hercules hercules
(The World's Longest Beetle Species!):
- Imago pair = £90 - £130 (please note, price varies depending upon the male imago size. Sizes are from ~100mm to ~150mm)

Trypoxylus dichotomus
(A beautiful Rhinoceros Beetle species, males have unsual 'branched' horns):
- Large L3 sexed larvae pair = £18 per pair

Mecynorrhina ugandensis - Blue / Green colour!
(The second largest Flower Beetles in the world!)
(The colour of the offspring can vary and most are unique!)
- L3 sexed larvae pair = £14

Phalacrognathus muelleri
(The Rainbow Stag Beetle - Very Beautiful and the World's Most Colourful Stag Beetle):
- Imago Pair, large size pair with major male = £49.99

Eudicella trilineata
- L1 / L2 larvae = 5 larvae for £10

Stephanorrhina julia
- L2 / L3 larvae = 5 larvae for £9

Smaragdesthes africana oertzeni
- L1 / L2 larvae = 5 larvae for £7.50

Archispirostreptus gigas
(The World's Largest Millipede Species!)
- Young millipedes ~2.5cm - 4cm = £4 each (from wild caught parents - large male and very large 28cm female!)

For those of you that may be uncertain, an 'imago' is the adult form - the beetle.
The photos are examples and not necessarily the exact individual you will receive.
A 'pair' = 1 male and 1 female.
When I use the symbol ' ~ ' I mean 'approximately'.
I will let you know the postage and packaging costs when you let me know what you want and how fast you need it :o)
(I usually use Royal Mail Special Delivery which costs £6.49 for any size of order.)
I have quite a low quantity of most species so please be quick to avoid disappointment!

I'm afraid that I can't offer any guarantees on the lifespan of these insects. The life of individuals varies greatly, some live more than twice as long as others, and vice versa, this is natures way!

Many thanks everyone,

André - pet_insects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Regular

Hello everyone, just a quick bump!
Thankyou
Old 30-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Regular

Beetle bump!
Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Regular

Giant Beetle Bump!

Ps. Dynastes hercules are awesome beetles!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Regular

Beetle Bump!
Many thanks,
Dré
Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Super Regular

A free bump for thesestunning Beetles !!!
Old 29-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Egg
RFUKTrader: 0 / 0%
Default email

André, please the mails I have sent you.

saludos

Arturo
Old 29-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Egg

Which of these beetles would live the longest? I'm curious as to purchasing beetles but I want one that will live for at least a year and larvae that won't take over a year to turn into an adult.
Thanks.

(also on a side not, would I be able to keep beetles and a large stick insect together?)
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Hatchling

Hi there André,

I sent you an e-mail a while ago but never heard back? I want to purchase some Beetles from you!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Duncan.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Gold Star Member
RFUKTrader: 7 / 100%
Send a message via MSN to Mujician

Do you have a website? What type of enclosure do you recommend for beetles? Thanks

Tags
flower beetle , giant pet beetles , hercules beetle , rhinoceros beetle , stag beetle