Reptile Forums banner

Pristurus carteri....Scorpion Gecko....Hatchling

4K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Laza 
#1 ·
Came home tonight to find this massive surprise.......well, very tiny surprise:whistling2:
My first Scorpion gecko hatchling. Can't beleive how short the incubation period was....39 days at 83/84f

Something a little different ay:2thumb:

See less See more
#5 ·
The little guy is high up on the cute scale:2thumb:

Oh my gosh, never seen these before...may be another one added to the wish list ;) He is seriously gorgeous, congratulations!!!
Cheers, i keep looking in the bator now to see if any others have popped out:2thumb:

looks lovely.. how much does he weigh? :D
Dont think the little guy will register on my scales:gasp:

#3 ·
Oh my gosh, never seen these before...may be another one added to the wish list ;) He is seriously gorgeous, congratulations!!!

#16 ·
Geks

They're very bird like Chris. It's pretty cool watching them tackle a roach a little to big for them. They chase it down pecking at it until its to damaged to run away then chow it down:2thumb:

Congratulations, on a seriously cute hatchling :)
Cheers Julie:2thumb:

Both the adults and hatchlings are very stunning. Now all I need to do is find some. :hmm:
It just so happens......:whistling2: will see how many hatch out then will know what will be available:2thumb:

cool beans again there mate.....................

:2thumb::no1::notworthy: :mf_dribble:
Another little feather in the cap pal:2thumb:

that's just fantastic a very impressive looking gecko: victory:
Was well chuffed when I seem the little dude:2thumb:

Wow Laza. Amazing looking little thing, such slender knuckly toes too - very un-geckolike.

Any chance you'll be selling any of these this year :whistling2:
Cheers Ewan, they are quite unique looking geckos. Availability will depend on number of hatchling pal.

Absolutely incredible! Nothing short of fantastic!
Cheers Marious:2thumb:

Oh my goodness...thats the tiniest sweetest little bundle of joy i have ever set eyes on! :flrt:
The little dude is quite cute ain't he:2thumb:

Wow!! Congrats,what a little cutie:flrt:

Vicky
Thanks Vicky:2thumb:

Wow, that is an amazing looking lizard!
Do they always hold their tails up in that scorpion like way? Or do you find that when they relax or feel safe that they adopt a more casual tail position? Just curious!
They do relax their tails when chilled out. They also use the tail to what looks like, to communicate as they wag and wave theirs tails at each other

Reactions: UrolithicTitan
#9 ·
cool beans again there mate.....................

:2thumb::no1::notworthy: :mf_dribble:

#11 ·
Wow Laza. Amazing looking little thing, such slender knuckly toes too - very un-geckolike.

Any chance you'll be selling any of these this year :whistling2:

#12 ·
Absolutely incredible! Nothing short of fantastic!

Reactions: lewisdark86
#13 ·
Oh my goodness...thats the tiniest sweetest little bundle of joy i have ever set eyes on! :flrt:

Reactions: lewisdark86
#14 ·
Wow!! Congrats,what a little cutie:flrt:

Vicky

#15 ·
Wow, that is an amazing looking lizard!
Do they always hold their tails up in that scorpion like way? Or do you find that when they relax or feel safe that they adopt a more casual tail position? Just curious!

#20 ·
Geks

It's quite cool watching them wag their tails at each other.

that is far too cute Larry, such a doll, but after your discription of their eating habits, I'll bet they have attitude to boot! Big congratulations Buddy!
Cheers Laura. Keep looking in the bator now to see if anymore have made an appearance.

OH MY..... well that is one VERY cute little chicky (def looks like a mix of baby bird shaped head with scales & gekky eyes haha) well thats another species that has me oohing and ahhing from your collection....STOP IT NOW! hee hee! Seriously HUGE congrats hun x
Thanks Lunar:2thumb: always like to show peeps the variety of Geks that are available now.

#24 ·
Geks

I'll dig some pics out and get them posted. There are some pics in my gallery:2thumb:

absolutely great, a beautiful and exquisite looking little beast!
Think they're a great species as they look so different to most other gek's:2thumb:

How much do they cost?
They're not cheap:gasp: I'm finding out first hand why this species holds its price.....the number of eggs layed compared to how many actually hatch is quite drastic. I'll PM you what I've paid for mine off two different breeders.

#22 ·
absolutely great, a beautiful and exquisite looking little beast!

#23 ·
How much do they cost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.