Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 25-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Egg
Default Leopard gecko is looking dull

I got 2 baby leopard geckos on thursday, having had my viv setup for past week getting temperatures right.

When i got up today one of the babies was really dull looking.

I thought it may just be shedding but last night the gecko was still nice and bright and all of a sudden today its really dull.

anybody tell me if this is normal for shedding or should i be worried about the gecko being stressed?

Thanks
Old 25-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Premier Citizen

I'd say shedding, I have one who seems very dull for about 2-3 days before, but the others show no sign at all.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
i luffs u....and YA lizardss.. its legs hanging off really?? aww dont worry have a cuddle..its pooing bloood AWWWW dont worry here have a BIG HUG and aww its SO CUTE
ya liazardsss eye fell out??? awwww naww stick it in wiv da supahglue.. and have a HUGE SNOG...
no take it to da vet.. vets are da nasty people who will bleed u dry of da monies and no be nice to ya lizarrrd.. it dont need no vet ..
Old 25-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Egg

Thanks for the quick reply,

My initial though was that it would be shedding as the other one seems perfectly bright.

but was looking for reassurance from people on here.

Thanks again
Old 25-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Regular

Yeah id say he was sheddung my bf lizards go dull at least 2 days before they shed

BECCKY X
Old 25-10-2008, 03:12 PM
Premier Citizen

Ah, BF..... Daniel...... AKA sky, Leo, Lea, Milo and Mayah....., nothing meant by it, just observant me! Lol!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
i luffs u....and YA lizardss.. its legs hanging off really?? aww dont worry have a cuddle..its pooing bloood AWWWW dont worry here have a BIG HUG and aww its SO CUTE
ya liazardsss eye fell out??? awwww naww stick it in wiv da supahglue.. and have a HUGE SNOG...
no take it to da vet.. vets are da nasty people who will bleed u dry of da monies and no be nice to ya lizarrrd.. it dont need no vet ..
Old 25-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Super Regular

yep bosscat its me the boyfriend aka , sky, leo, lea, milo, mayah lol u are observant hehe
and yes i wud say its that there about to shed
Old 25-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Funkygeckos.webs.com

A few of my leos go really dull on a regular basis - nothing to do with shedding or owt like that. Their colours go from being bright yellow to an almost dull brown. TBH don`t know why it happens but they`ve done it for years with no problems if that helps???

Take a look at - Available page and advice on Care, Breeding and Incubation.

For an upto date, in-depth insight into the goings on at FunkyGeckos, simply click like on our f/b page to be kept informed with regular bulletins, and please feel free to visit:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky-...78968435448440
Old 25-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Egg

Thanks for all the replies, alot less worried now

Cheers