Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.idc View Post
Is it as friendly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneLuvsMonitors View Post
we need some new handling pics buddy

£££?
Not sure of price or exact temperament but he said it was quite aggressive (as you would expect). I'm not 100% sure if it was really for sale, but it was mentioned in conversation with a friend "I might sell him / her on" although might of just been talking sarcastically due to the attitude problem. If you're interested I can find out, price will no doubt be £1000 up.
Old 28-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via MSN to kaimarion

Got this cute wee bosc in the shop yesterday .

There are more pictures of him and the other new animals on the shop facebook (click sig).
monitor mad and Love Pets like this.
Old 28-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Premier Member

Roughneck update.

My female rudicollis laid the first egg of this, her second clutch this afternoon. This was brilliant timing and confirmed with me that I have gained some experience in identifying a gravid monitor from one that is simply cycling. Yesterday I mentioned that she was had got big and stayed big, and was not interested in food on monday or thursday. We had taken out the nest box due to it getting pretty much ruined. I was working on a new, bigger one which I finished today. Looks like I did it just in time because this egg was laid while I was putting the finishing touches on the nest box, and she sat and watched me while I was wiring it into the enclosure. As soon as I was done she went in and started digging.

We've had one clutch from each female so far, both laid outside the old nest box, both infertile. We had one good egg from the last clutch (other female) but I think too much water in the substrate and too many people going in and out of the incubator has killed it. This egg, first of a new clutch after multiple observed matings, has been moved into the incubator in a 9L RUB with 2 4mm airholes in the lid, 3/4 filled with vermiculite weighed out at roughly 1:075 with water - all previous attempts even at 1:1 led to a lot of condensation on the lid which dripped back down onto the eggs. This time I am hoping to avoid that. The tub is bigger and better, the ventilation I hope accurate and the humidity should be good too. The next step with future clutches is to try the SIM XL container.

Over the weekend I have advised staff not to move any eggs found in the nest box, or even disturb the roughnecks at all except to change water (which is at the opposite end of the 7ft enclosure to the nest box). I told them if they find another egg outside the enclosure it is likely infertile and to move it into the nest box and bury it, hopefully doing so would encourage the female to continue laying in the box rather than outside it. We've also put in a strict rule that the incubator will only be opened and vented once a week by myself, and that I will move the rest of the clutch over to the same tub as the first egg once she is finished laying, not before.

Fingers crossed for a UK first.

In other news... let's just say I have something interesting coming soon with the Kimberley Rocks
Old 28-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneLuvsMonitors View Post
A great series of pics mate
Old 28-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGecko View Post
Roughneck update.

My female rudicollis laid the first egg of this, her second clutch this afternoon. This was brilliant timing and confirmed with me that I have gained some experience in identifying a gravid monitor from one that is simply cycling. Yesterday I mentioned that she was had got big and stayed big, and was not interested in food on monday or thursday. We had taken out the nest box due to it getting pretty much ruined. I was working on a new, bigger one which I finished today. Looks like I did it just in time because this egg was laid while I was putting the finishing touches on the nest box, and she sat and watched me while I was wiring it into the enclosure. As soon as I was done she went in and started digging.

We've had one clutch from each female so far, both laid outside the old nest box, both infertile. We had one good egg from the last clutch (other female) but I think too much water in the substrate and too many people going in and out of the incubator has killed it. This egg, first of a new clutch after multiple observed matings, has been moved into the incubator in a 9L RUB with 2 4mm airholes in the lid, 3/4 filled with vermiculite weighed out at roughly 1:075 with water - all previous attempts even at 1:1 led to a lot of condensation on the lid which dripped back down onto the eggs. This time I am hoping to avoid that. The tub is bigger and better, the ventilation I hope accurate and the humidity should be good too. The next step with future clutches is to try the SIM XL container.

Over the weekend I have advised staff not to move any eggs found in the nest box, or even disturb the roughnecks at all except to change water (which is at the opposite end of the 7ft enclosure to the nest box). I told them if they find another egg outside the enclosure it is likely infertile and to move it into the nest box and bury it, hopefully doing so would encourage the female to continue laying in the box rather than outside it. We've also put in a strict rule that the incubator will only be opened and vented once a week by myself, and that I will move the rest of the clutch over to the same tub as the first egg once she is finished laying, not before.

In other news... let's just say I have something interesting coming soon with the Kimberley Rocks
fingers crossed this time matey

0.0.1 Alligator snapping turtle - Bane
4.7.1 Turtles: Squirtle, Notchy, Tango, Mappy (map turt), Bubbles, Ellie, T, Rio, dougie, Lagoona, River, Raphael
0.0.1 Reeves turtle: reef
0.0.2 Razorback Musks: Lily and Algeazar
0.1.0 razor back: razzy
2.1 Cats: Rusty, Binx, Midnight
1.0 Labrador Rico 0.1 Staffy... Kali
? Fish: magneto, Ivan, peng, funny fat fecker, Claus, Puff, Hashimoto, Severus, Heath, ledger, joker, batman, Harley, Davidson
1.1 kordensis: wookie (chris's) kya

Monitor FAQ:
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ml#post9937118
Old 28-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDEADFAMOUSx View Post
it is a sign, i cant live here and have reptiles and NOT get a CB argus from MM - its against the law!!
My way of thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobates View Post
pure evil mate dont ever go near one heres mine with chuckwalla

My God look at the cold hard stare it has ....evil incarnate , dont worry Tom Chuckwalla isent going to run off with him

Gorgeous croc monitor and the most chilled iv ever seen
xDEADFAMOUSx likes this.
Varanus salvator bivitatus , varanus salvator Ziegleri ,Varanus .s. togianus , varanus cumingi ,V.S.Macumaculatus, Varanus panoptes horni , varanus niloticus , Varanus rudicollis , Varanus Juxtindicus , Varanus Mertensi , Varanus Albigularis ,
------------------------------------------

The newest rep and Aquatic outlet , massive choice and great staff with good sound no nonsense advice.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-P...4420?ref=br_rs
Old 28-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGecko View Post
Roughneck update.

Cracking news there Jase i really hope they go the distance for you mate , with a bit of luck i should be popping down this Month (November) for a tour and a cuppa with some of the regulars on here then onto zoodatria for a mini-beat tour
Varanus salvator bivitatus , varanus salvator Ziegleri ,Varanus .s. togianus , varanus cumingi ,V.S.Macumaculatus, Varanus panoptes horni , varanus niloticus , Varanus rudicollis , Varanus Juxtindicus , Varanus Mertensi , Varanus Albigularis ,
------------------------------------------

The newest rep and Aquatic outlet , massive choice and great staff with good sound no nonsense advice.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-P...4420?ref=br_rs
Old 28-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Ultra Citizen

whey MM just the man i have decided on my plans now
i intend on getting all the species of treemonitors =]
wich means i may one day have to take a trip up north (i think) and get a kordensis off you =]
and i have decided the last terrestrial species im going to get will be an argus aswell
0.1.0 Bosc Monitor - Chomper
3.3.1 Crested Geckos - Pyro, Dolly, Jasper,Sasha,Jasmine, Mylo,Toothless
Roach colony
Old 28-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobates View Post
pure evil mate dont ever go near one heres mine with chuckwalla

Tip top there fellas!
Old 28-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Gold Star Member

Cracking Salvadorii there Tom
Question troops, would white vinegar clean the crap off my spray nozzles?

1.2 Varanus Prasinus
1.1 Ackie monitors
1.0 Bosc monitor
1.1 ambilobe Furcifer pardalis

Tags
kimberley monitors, kimberley rock monitor, monitor, slitherinn_reptiles is, tegu, tegu ! :], tpm reptiles