Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 13-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to jaf2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanRed View Post
i give mine crickets every 2-3 days. when i do give him crickets i usually give him them in the morning, he doesn't usually eat in the evening, but still put food down for him....just in case .
i feed skittles twice a day. i put veg down about an hour and a half(ish) after his heating and lighting go on, so i put food down about 10:30 and then i change it about 6.....could be a stupid question but should i put food down earlyer ?? i take it out about 8 so he's got atleast 3 hours to properly digest his food.
sorry rex, didn't mean to steal your topic....i was just wondering.
Give them salad in the morning, the same as you are so it is there all day for them to pick at and feed the live food daily

NEW Megaray MH Review - http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/equip...ml#post2862223

UV Guide Megaray MH review - http://www.reptileuv.com/docs/MegaRa...desOct2008.pdf
Old 13-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Super Regular

but i've heard your not supposed to feed them live food daily. he's 3 years old. and when they're that age their diet is 30% live food and 70% veg.
Old 13-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Ultra Citizen

This seems to be the rule which most keepers in the UK go by, but after speaking to Woodrott i was advised to feed my daily and up the ampunt off food and after 5/6 weeks can see big differnces in doing so

UV Guide Megaray MH review - http://www.reptileuv.com/docs/MegaRa...desOct2008.pdf
Old 13-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Super Regular

i'll feed him crickets more often then.
my dads cousin used to have lots of reptiles...used to breed them aswell.....he can't now, cos he had a huge motor bike accident. i get a lot of my advice from him.
i'll move it up to every other day for crickets...see how that goes. he's healthy but he could use a bit more fat on him,lol.
his last owner never used to feed him crickets. i was horrified when i found out
Old 13-06-2010, 08:56 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via AIM to woodrott

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanRed View Post
i'll feed him crickets more often then.
my dads cousin used to have lots of reptiles...used to breed them aswell.....he can't now, cos he had a huge motor bike accident. i get a lot of my advice from him.
i'll move it up to every other day for crickets...see how that goes. he's healthy but he could use a bit more fat on him,lol.
his last owner never used to feed him crickets. i was horrified when i found out
there's hundreds of reasons why you need to feed a dragon every day
and over 15 easy live foods you can get to do this
if you need to know any more give me a call

cheers mark
Old 13-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:: F1D0 ::.. View Post

As for the "wings" do they look those below? (look between the hind legs and head)
They look like the 3rd picture, they have really long wings. Will they fly about if I let them loose in his viv?

Thank you all for your help and advice. I just wondered why it is that they can't have spinach? I would have thought as it is dark and leafy and rich in calcium that it would have been quite a good food. If I make sure the locusts don't have any more spinach now, do you think they'll be ok to feed to my beardie next week?

I didn't realise he'd eat so many of them! I've grown quite attached to the little fellas now, I think it will have to be Mr. Rexasaurus who is responsible for feeding him the livestock, I'll just stick to chopping vegetables!! lol!

Thanks again,
Alex
Old 13-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrott View Post
if you need to know any more give me a call

cheers mark

You getting lazy with your replying Mark, as this seems a more common answer from you, tho as i found out the easiest way to learn so much

Old 13-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Ultra Citizen

sorry to crash the thread but i feed my beardie locusts everyday as she wont touch crickets. i also feed her butter worms and will give her waxies every so often. she has fresh veg in her viv eveyday. the other week she ate 50 locusts in less than a wk. shes slowed down abit now tho lol. shes 7months old and weighs 60g
Old 14-06-2010, 06:45 AM
5 Star Member
Send a message via AIM to woodrott

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiesocial84 View Post
sorry to crash the thread but i feed my beardie locusts everyday as she wont touch crickets. i also feed her butter worms and will give her waxies every so often. she has fresh veg in her viv eveyday. the other week she ate 50 locusts in less than a wk. shes slowed down abit now tho lol. shes 7months old and weighs 60g
hi there

if your dragon is as old as you say????

there's a chance it has an under lying problem as that's very small

an average baby is 60g at 8 to 9 weeks
Old 14-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Premier Member
Reviews: 1

My beardie used to eat 10-15 stage 4 crickets at a sitting, sometimes twice a day. i moved up to stage 5s when he was about 3 months old and he carried on scoffing these at around 10 a time. He's now coming up to 6 months old and is happy to eat just about any sized cricket and fairly large locusts, but he eats a lot less insects generally. i put this down to the fact that he is growing a lot slower now. He has also started eating far more veg than before.
I put fresh mixed veg in before i leave for work and replace it when i get home. he is also offered crickets at these times. Sometimes he'll eat a few, other times he won't. On the positive side, a tub of crickets now lasts almost a week!

Tags
bearded dragon locusts