Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 19-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Egg
Send a message via AIM to mickyworm Send a message via MSN to mickyworm
Default Bearded Dragon Locust

ive been buying locust from my local Pets at home but i find most of them dead at the bottom of the tub, and about 2 locust left for the dragons. So i was just wondering what sites are good for buying live locust and if there is anyway you can get them deliverd to your house every week ?

Thanks.
Old 19-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Super Citizen
Reviews: 2

have a look on ebay, i regularly buy mealworms and locusts in bul from there. very very few dead ones, its also worth having a spare large exo terra to put them in with veg they will last alot longer than ones left in a tub

Old 19-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Super Citizen

I keep mine in a large cricket keeper and they love it, fresh veg and cardboard houses... best to find a good supplier and stick with them, if you are going to a shop, learn what day they have deliveries and go the same day, most around here are wednesdays/fridays - Handy for the weekend!
Old 19-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Send a message via MSN to AuntyLizard Send a message via Skype™ to AuntyLizard

I can recommend internet reptile on Ebay, livefood direct or ricks livefood.

Liz

It's good friends that walk beside you through the good times and carry you through the bad.
Old 19-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Citizen

Hi,

I use rickslivefood, its really good and they diliver the next day, plus they dont cost a fortune and there is a selection of roaches, crickets and locusts so you can tryyour dragon on all of them if you want. Pets at home are pretty rubbish, i went in for the first time the other day after reading comments on here about the care of dragons, i was going to buy live food there but found that many were dead and they charge more than my local shop.

Have you tried your local shops? even if they dont sell reps they otfen sell live food
Old 19-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Egg
Send a message via AIM to mickyworm Send a message via MSN to mickyworm

tryed the local shops and had no joy, they are pet shops neer me but the locust are always sold out on the day they get them in, i think ordering online is the way to go from now on.
Old 19-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Regular
Smile

Hi

Try insects direct they are really good and have offers on their live food and they deliver for free. Don't order on a Friday though because they won't go out until Monday and try and order before 1pm as that is when the postman comes to pick the deliveries up.

This is their website:
insectsdirect.com

Thanks

Zoe

Tags
bearded dragon