No criminal - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 19-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Ultra Citizen
Default No criminal

Any futher slander in this forum will be taken up with my solicitor.
Heres the proof read it carefully.
I did not import illegally as such and i have NO criminal record.
There is no ringworm picture only eczema which can be confirmed by other sufferers aswell as my doctor.

To: thelizardlair@msn.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:01:55 +0000
CC:
Subject: Response to your Query : - RefWOE000088235 - african pygmy hedgehogs (Atelerix albiventris)

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email of 05 June.

I can confirm that Defra does not set specific requirements for transport of African Pygmy Hedgehogs, however the transport of all animals is governed by the Animal Welfare Act.
I hope this is helpful.
Yours sincerely,

Customer Contact Unit Defra

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)

it's Nice to be important but more important to be nice

Last edited by Heavenlyhogs; 19-11-2008 at 01:48 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-11-2008, 01:09 AM
Ultra Citizen

so if my being a convicted criminal is lies and the fact that i DONT have ringworm among so many other things time to wonder what else is lies...
The 4 week old hoglet(pickles)had staph and many DECENT breeders have had this problem.My vet can confirm this.
For anyone with ANY knowledge of ringworm you will know it can come from anywhere and is as common as a cold and easily put right.Please do your homework on this.

Old 19-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Banned

I have no idea what this is all about Heavenly, but you are quite right about ringworm. My step-dad caught ringworm from contaminated soil off his allotment!

I hope you are ok x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Ultra Citizen

This is proof i did not intentionally break the law neither was i prosecuted.
Ringworm it is true are microscopic spores that are often airborne and in effect can come from anywhere,the school playground,your dog,your cat,other pets,soil,the ground it is around us all the time everywhere and is an oppurtunist fungai.

Old 19-11-2008, 01:25 AM
Ultra Citizen

I MAINTAIN i love all my animals and breed to the best of my abilities but things don't always go to plan despite the best intentions,this senario seems pretty set up to me.despite having filthy rich parents i have got by by myself and dont run to mummy or daddy for handouts.I was raised better than that.

But as a lesson from this all future hoglets will be PRECAUTIONARILY treated for all manner of ailments.
At least i can hold my head high and say none of my hoglets have been born with deformaties and i will not mention any names thus avoiding the level of those involved who had this problem due to inbreeding and are involved in the slander.But it goes to show you will not always have 100% satisfaction no matter what you do from 100% of people.

And i have not been banned from purchasing pedigree gliders lol.
Anyway enough said
anyone who wants a hoglet in the future are welcome to visit me in my home which btw is undergoing massive redecoration and refurbishment(for the next tenants) which would explain why it isnt the palace that was expected lol
As forthe sofa myanimals are not allowed on the furniture,and this couple were inmy home for the best part of an hour with julie very relaxed and sat back in that same sofa lol.It's tattiness is down to my 2 disabled wild kids.We don't see the need to buy a new one until we have moved in the next few weeks,which is also why all the carpets are up and the furniture is stored.

OVER & OUT

Last edited by Heavenlyhogs; 19-11-2008 at 01:51 AM..
Old 19-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Super Citizen
Reviews: 28

Also Defra state:

What does the Animal Welfare Act do?

It makes owners and keepers responsible for ensuring that the welfare needs of their animals are met.
These include the need:
  1. For a suitable environment (place to live)
  2. For a suitable diet
  3. To exhibit normal behaviour patterns
  4. To be housed with, or apart from, other animals (if applicable)
  5. To be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease
All details found here:
Defra, UK - Animal Health and Welfare - Animal Welfare - Animal Welfare Act

This is a photo of my hog as you sold him to me

I was not informed about the injury at all before you delivered him and he should not of been sold in this condition. Was also given no treatment for it.

At 4 weeks old you told me of his skin complaint, heres a photo

You also said he woud be sold with the vets records of it, a birth certificate made by you, his pedigree reg, free pet insurance for 6 weeks, a igloo house, a gaurentee, a fleece and some of his current food.

All you brought was banged up Pickle a fleece and a box of cat biscuits, nothing else. So was sold under false pretences and is against trading standereds.

It has everything to do with this forum as this is where i purchased him from and where she gained my trust and this is where you sell to unknowing trusting people.

I now have ring worm heres a photo of this and of Julies too.

Julies

Mine

Close up of Julies

On the other thread someone said Julies dates were all wrong for her and her step daughter to catch it, but how have i got it too? I have never met Julie or Ian.

We have all had it confirmed on our hogs and on us that this is ringworm the hogs have been tested and Leo (Julie & Ians hoglet) also internal worm infestation, and seeing Pickle produces nice green poos and is on a diet of only cat food i got a feeling when i get the results tomorrow he will be riddled with worms to which means another trip into Glouster from Clevedon.. Treatment is not cheap neither is transport as i do not drive and this is the closest exotic vet that deals with APH's.

Ring worm is often diagnosed as Infected Eczema aswel as other things as alot of doctors have either not seen ringworm or diagnose it wronly as there are diffrent types and unless your clued up on it in particular your not going to know doctor or not, where vets on the other hand come across it alot.

Here is the picture of your hand. Even if this is Eczema surely you wouldnt be handling them bare hands like you did when i collected mine as not to catch germs from there poo as Pickle was covered in it and so was your hands. If your hands are that bad as they obviously are in the picture surely Pickle at 4 weeks should not been held in the photo above with his skin complaint..

Pickle instead of living like this

Now lives in basic conditions like this

For 5 weeks maybe more he will stay like that just the bare minimal
And will also be held like this

With very limited human contact as i will not risk giving it to my other animals which there is alot of and as a mouse breeder will have to personally keep mice back for a quartine period before selling any to make sure time elapses and that any signs would be present.

Shell i never slated you i wondered about things like his nose, hell i even posted in this forum on your thread about friendly litter that i was happy and i WAS i let the nose thing slide as i wanted to belive you were a good breeder and that it was nothing. Just a glitch (one of them things).

I even stood up for you and have had posts removed off this site and others, also slated other people and hedgehog breeders for having a go at you, but i realised they were right, im not trying to sound mean shell its just they tried giving you advise and help but you shoved it back in there faces.

I liked you and thought you were a nice person i might not agree with the way you do things and all the lies but i dont think your a purposely bad person and didnt go out of your way to do any of this its just the things you did and not taking the advice of others led to this..

If we had met in different circumstances i would still be a fan, but im sad to say currently im not, as iv just had to part with my limited funds, im 18 been ill for 6 years dont work as am unable to and all my money goes on my pets as it is, now i wont be doing xmas as il be doing treatments and hog bathing, thats just aslong as the many other animals i own do not catch it.

You said you would re emberse me for my vet bill for Pickles treatment will you please try and make amense and still do this please? I dont want to start a war or a slang match iv just stated facts but i would ike your help now in paying for his treatment in turn so i can get Pickle the best care he needs and make a little unhappy hog happy again.

Chaz.
1 syrian hamster
4 ferrets
4 cats
1 dog
1 fish
2 shrimp
Old 19-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Regular

who said you were a convicted criminal? we all know you were done for not having a TV licence tho

just find it funny how you called me unethical for homing hog based on email and phone calls but you do the same thing yourself, what happened to practice what you preach?

fact is you didn't inform the owner of the hoglet who had staph or mention the fact he had a open wound on his nose till he was delivered

2 of your hoglets you sold have been confirmed with having ringworm and you did nothing to help the ppl you sold to other than blame them for it any responsible breeder would be doing anything in there power to help not trying to lie there way out of it,

they didn't even go with care sheets or anything stated in your ads ie insurance and CBs was not registered

you have been makin a point of slaggin me off on various forum for ages now and iv not bothered to post on them - take your sick pet names topic - and look no1 agreed with you there, all of you bitchin on the glider forum only got me put on the recommended breeder list, so thanks for that

if the only unethical thing you can say about me is a cpl of my hogs name just jog on luv

you can say what you want but you have 2 very unhappy ppl who got hoglets from you so well done for doing things to the best of your abilities great job

also funny how you get a topic closed for having nothing to with the forum but then just start another!

funny how you have alienated yourself from most of the hog and glider community from lies isnt it
Old 19-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Ultra Citizen

sorry rich youre blocked cant see what ya saying.
Chaz i have correspondance here between yourself and i notifying you of everything and offering to pay for pickles treatment(i can post it all if you like) which you agreed to.My listing on hedgehog breeding list was modified months ago but not yet put in place by them,so i'm afraid that's not as it is now and therefor trading standards is irrelevant to that listing.
When i met you with pickle you never expressed any concern over the scuff on his nose which had scabbed over when delivered...you had only paid a small deposit,if you were so concerned why take him knowing if there were possible problems that you couldnt afford vet fees?Why take on extra responsibility?
Why not express your unhappyness to meinstead of going and behind my back thats a little underhanded no?
You need to all get a grip on ringworm and read up.

Old 19-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Ultra Citizen

and im pretty sure if that was a serious injury on his nose he wouldnt be looking so good in the last pic with no visible scarring...

Old 19-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Super Citizen
Reviews: 28

Maybe you should wait untill you are setlled in your new home and have the resources so instead of saying your selling a hoglet with this that and the other but turn up on the train with nothing but a blanket so he didnt freeze and a box of cat biscuits. Then no one would complain you miss sold, or dont say that the hogs come with these things in the first place or notify them on the change of plan so they can choose to go through with the purchase or not i didnt have much choice by the time the hog had travelled 4 hours worth in a train and was faced with him and you i couldnt exactly say go back and get the rest of the things! And i wasnt going to send Pickle away again im a big softy and couldnt do that to him make him travell another 4 hours back for something that wasnt his fault.

At the end of the day the hogs come 1st putting aside everything else its in the hogs interests we do the best for them now you MAINTAIN you love your animals so whether you dislike me for being brutaly honest please as his breeder and a animal lover your self can we put are problems aside and refund me the £150 as i paid £150 for a happy healthy hoglet, not one that is going to cost more in vet bills than he cost bless him!

This way the more money i have to spare the more tests i can have done to really get to the bottom of this and pay for the best money can buy. That way we will all be safe in the knowledge that my hoglet will not be infecting anyother people/pets and that it will also point out any unknown problems in your own herd if theres anything else that could of been passed on.

Im not having ago Shell im to concerned about Pickle to be angry or to waste time and piss you off with squabling, i just want to be able to at least hug my hog not watch him at a distance its unbearable!
1 syrian hamster
4 ferrets
4 cats
1 dog
1 fish
2 shrimp
Closed Thread