Reptile Forums banner

R.I.P George

Tags
pts george
464 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  animal lover 2011 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I had to take my old boy George to be pts. George was a collie x who was pushing 20.
All his life he was pushed from rescue centre to rescue centre, until 11 years a go, when my brother picked him up. He was a wonderful dog, brilliant with kids and loved nothing more than to jump straight in to the nearest lake.
Unfortunately, 3 years ago my brothers marriage broke down and he was faced with getting rid of George. With a dog so old, no-one wanted to take him, so I offered him my home. He has been with us for 3 years, living out the rest of his life.
The past year he began slowing down, becoming incontinent, arthritic, and lack lustre.
We made the hard decision on Monday that his quality of life had lowered to nothing, and it was time to let him go. So at 9.30 today, the vet put him to sleep.

He will be sorely missed by all our family, but we know he had Goo innings, and was loved to the end.

I love you George x x x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.