Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > R.I.P

Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Premier Citizen
Unhappy Cheerio Tommy

It is with sadness that I post this thread - the one that no owner wants to have to post. My dear old man Tommy had xrays last week and they showed a tumour on his liver. We knew his time was nearly up as he had been having mobility problems too, but when the tumour was discovered I knew there was only one thing that I could do. I had my dear Tommy put to sleep last Thursday. He spent his last 5 hours alone at the vets and it hurts that I didn't get to say goodbye to him properly. As the vet would always say at the end of his consultations, 'Cheerio Tommy'.

Tiff
Chamele-Mum to Zippy! Crestie-Mum to Splat, Buffie & Rusty and Leachie-Mum to Armani! Member number 16040
Chameleons are perfect - they don't make any mess, smell or noise, don't leave fur on the carpet and don't need walking!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Premier Member

I'm so sorry to hear this I don't think I've ever really spoken to you before but I've seen lots of your posts and know how much Tommy and your chams mean to you. I got a lump in my throat reading this, even though you didn't get to say goodbye to him properly I'm sure he knows how much you loved him.

RIP Tommy

And a beardie called Locust.
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/mnmreptiles
Old 10-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Premier Citizen

Thank you. I have had such great support from all my forum friends and facebook buddies. He has been gone a week now and it's not the same without him, although I have Amy (his girlfriend) and my baby Jackson Monty. Tommy was one of a kind and we will always love him.

Tiff
Chamele-Mum to Zippy! Crestie-Mum to Splat, Buffie & Rusty and Leachie-Mum to Armani! Member number 16040
Chameleons are perfect - they don't make any mess, smell or noise, don't leave fur on the carpet and don't need walking!
Old 16-11-2011, 11:32 AM
5 Star Member

RIP Tommy, Im sure you did the right thing, even though you couldn't say goodbye properly, you gave him the best possible life. Take care.