Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Shelled - Turtles & Tortoise

Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote "I think Mick, if we were to look for criticism, bitchiness, trolling and a share of foul language there is a forum (one of our main 3) nearer to home where we can find plenty of that" Please explain???????? No Idea what it means!!!!!!!!!!

ok sorry if I've offended, not my intention at all. You obviously haven't come across some of the replies I have on this forum or was it another forum......... no, definately this one. As I've said, it's full of great info and expertise and thats the only reason I put up with all the other crap. I suppose you have to take the good with the bad.
Please don't take this as a personal attack...... it's just my view and if you disagree you've every right to respond like you have in a reasonable manner which I appreciate. Pity not everyone can do that though. Cheers.
3 county girl likes this.
1.5.5 Hingeback tortoises
1.3.0 Hermanns tortoises (THH)
1.0.0 Indian Star tortoise
0.0.1 Yellow foot tortoise
0.1.0 Pancake tortoise
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick.Ire View Post
Quote "I think Mick, if we were to look for criticism, bitchiness, trolling and a share of foul language there is a forum (one of our main 3) nearer to home where we can find plenty of that" Please explain???????? No Idea what it means!!!!!!!!!!

ok sorry if I've offended, not my intention at all. You obviously haven't come across some of the replies I have on this forum or was it another forum......... no, definately this one. As I've said, it's full of great info and expertise and thats the only reason I put up with all the other crap. I suppose you have to take the good with the bad.
Please don't take this as a personal attack...... it's just my view and if you disagree you've every right to respond like you have in a reasonable manner which I appreciate. Pity not everyone can do that though. Cheers.
Mick.ire,
Your last two posts on this thread, provide tantalising clues to your thoughts about some forum members....
It seems, that you are trying to articulate criticism but to date, are struggling to make your point?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomyda View Post
Mick.ire,
Your last two posts on this thread, provide tantalising clues to your thoughts about some forum members....
It seems, that you are trying to articulate criticism but to date, are struggling to make your point?
As I've said my posts are not aimed at any one or two individuals, therefore not personal attacks on anybody.
My point I thought was clear, we could do without the pointless criticism and needless insults.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism which I have experienced more than once and I am delighted that I did because I would not have liked the consequences if I didn't recieve this valuable information.
So that's my point, hope it's clear enough.
Cheers.
0.1.0 Pancake tortoise
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
No Life Member
Reviews: 3
Send a message via AIM to fantapants Send a message via MSN to fantapants Send a message via Yahoo to fantapants Send a message via Skype™ to fantapants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick.Ire View Post
I wonder why?????
Don't get me wrong, I've recieved buckets of useful info on this forum but the bitching and criticism on here is ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if some of the "more knowledgable keepers" jumped ship, probably got tired of all the bullsh*t that goes on here.
I've not been a member long and I find it's getting tiresome.

Just my opinion.....cheers.
If you don't find that this forum is for you then nobody will force you to stay. maybe you could join the tortoise trust forum where everybody is on exactly the same page and knows what to say word for word to avoid any upset or individual thought? Or maybe shelled warriors which seems to be a meeting in the middle
Of the two.

Personally I like that this forum allows people to say whatever they want. That's what makes for interesting debate and sharing of ideas.
Jazzy B Bunny, Romski and Zoo-Man like this.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Wizzasmum1 Send a message via MSN to Wizzasmum1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantapants View Post
If you don't find that this forum is for you then nobody will force you to stay. maybe you could join the tortoise trust forum where everybody is on exactly the same page and knows what to say word for word to avoid any upset or individual thought? Or maybe shelled warriors which seems to be a meeting in the middle
Of the two.

Personally I like that this forum allows people to say whatever they want. That's what makes for interesting debate and sharing of ideas.

I think it is important too, to realise that what some people have to say, is based on many many years of experience with certain organisations. No one likes to get ripped off and stay silent, especially after supporting for so long
Old 12-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Forum Citizen
Smile

Quote:
Of the two.

I think I'll stay on this forum if that's ok with you??? I'm relieved to learn I won't be forced to stay though, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Some great information available and real expertise on here.
I just don't think it's ok to insult and slag people off. Maybe the *****istrators should create a sticky thread so people could do it all in one place and save people like me having to see their nonsense when searching for valuable info. Maybe you could go and vent there too.
I aint gonna bother continuing this conversation anymore. I'd rather use my time on things that will benefit my rep keeping instead of conversing with people like you who think it's ok to be a pr*ck to other people looking for help. I rather try and help but hey, thats just me.
Adios Amigo.
0.1.0 Pancake tortoise
Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Of the two.

They do? You want to go over to the spider section you can't say nothing over there the mods are seriously poop.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Premier Citizen
Default newsletter

Printed Newsletter arrived last weekend
Old 09-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Ultra Citizen

Yes, mine too but I have already misplaced it! I look forward to discovering it again at some point, as the parts I got a chance to read were very interesting indeed!

Best,
Paul

Tags
tortoise trust