Reptile Forums banner

mite off or callingtons mite spray

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  ozio66 
#1 ·
which is best? im going to stock up on a few bits before baby carpet arrives, which should i get?

is it essential having some as part of first aid kit ?

#2 ·
Callingtons all the way.

#5 ·
sound cheers, callingtons it is

shoudl i spray the viv and furniture once a month when cleaning it out , or should I just use the f10 ? or f10, then callingtons, but maybe there would be a chemical reaction between the two

#14 ·
There's no need to spray the viv with Callingtons if you don't have mites.

#9 ·
Callingtons! I've only ever had the one mite problem (thank God) but when I bought my Burm he was totally riddled with them, to the point of the bites becoming infected lumps on his body which would burst if touched, he needed vet treatment etc - one bottle of Callington's later and I've not had a problem since.

I was too nervous to use any chemical treatments directly on the snake so I used the Olive Oil method on the snake itself, and nuked the hell out of the vivarium with Callingtons's and I've never seen another one of the evil little sods!

So if I were ever to be unlucky enough to have another mite problem it'd be Callington's all the way!

#12 ·
I had an outbreak with my collection. I was lucky only 7 out of 35 got infected.

We went to the vet who gave us frontline which we used initially but it can be dangerous for the snake and it doesn't kill eggs.

Then we heard of Callingtons. Just spray the enclosure with the snake inside but remember to remove the water bowl before spraying and replace water bowl 24 hours later. We repeated with Callingtons 2 weeks later to be sure and haven't seen a mite since.

On the older tins of Callingtons it says to remove the snake but you don't need to do this. The newer tins the label says to leave the snake in.

Cheapest place is Surrey Pet Supplies.

#13 ·
I had an outbreak with my collection. I was lucky only 7 out of 35 got infected.

We went to the vet who gave us frontline which we used initially but it can be dangerous for the snake and it doesn't kill eggs.

Then we heard of Callingtons. Just spray the enclosure with the snake inside but remember to remove the water bowl before spraying and replace water bowl 24 hours later. We repeated with Callingtons 2 weeks later to be sure and haven't seen a mite since.

On the older tins of Callingtons it says to remove the snake but you don't need to do this. The newer tins the label says to leave the snake in.

Cheapest place is Surrey Pet Supplies.
already ordered :2thumb:

should i spray viv when cleaining it as precaution ? will it react with my f10 disenfectant ?

bit worried of a chemical reaction if use both

#17 ·
I just used callingtons for the first time last night so dont really know how well it'll work yet, front line I used a few years ago and found it very effective.
As for mite off I found it worse than useless! If I remember rightly its just very pricey soap!

#21 ·
It's not about shows are holding they live of the snakes blood. Not humans so they say! They lay there eggs in Substrate and need a high humidty to breed 100% succecfully hence why Orchid Bark seems to have a high infection rate.

When I had them I used a bottle called Behphar has a green snake on the front of it possibly a Green Rough Snake not sure, that was awesome 2 treatments and a clean + no more were to be seen not even a hint of one! Really works well that stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.