Send a message via Skype™ to i.am.idc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve d View Post
Awesome
Old 21-12-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
looking again id say the head is under 7in long probably closer to 6in,what do you guys think??the head has some mass though even though its not that long

some annie heads are very impressive though, the length isn't over large but wow there like dog heads some of them, ive never wanted an annie but every time i see a nice big head close i have a real urge and want to see one in person
Old 21-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.idc View Post
Awesome
i agree shes a stunning anaconda,she looks in fantastic condition but could probably do with a couple of big meals into her

Old 21-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PESKY View Post
some annie heads are very impressive though, the length isn't over large but wow there like dog heads some of them, ive never wanted an annie but every time i see a nice big head close i have a real urge and want to see one in person
ive heard annie heads described as like a bulldogs on several occasions,they seem to be wide and deep but not very long,there seems to be alot of mass there though
Old 21-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via Skype™ to i.am.idc

Quote:
i agree shes a stunning anaconda,she looks in fantastic condition but could probably do with a couple of big meals into her
Awesome would love to get a female one day! I need a big space though for a large pool or something!

Quote:
ive heard annie heads described as like a bulldogs on several occasions,they seem to be wide and deep but not very long,there seems to be alot of mass there though
To be honest I think annies have one of the smallest head out of all the big boids. My Boa is not even half the size of my annie but their heads are nearly the same size!

Old 21-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.am.idc View Post
Awesome would love to get a female one day! I need a big space though for a large pool or something!

To be honest I think annies have one of the smallest head out of all the big boids. My Boa is not even half the size of my annie but their heads are nearly the same size!

their head may not be long, but theyre usually wide and thick, its kinda like my dumerils, his head is shorter than my bci, but when he yawns his mouth is quite a bit bigger than hers when she yawns, his seems like his jaws go into his neck
0.0.1. Red foot tortoise
0.2.0. Grammostola rosea
0.1.0. Granite(poss pied side) corn snake
1.0.0. Bearded dragon
0.0.1. Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1. Brachypelma albopilosum
0.0.1. Avicularia Metallica
1.0.0. Emperor scorpion
0.1.0. Veiled chameleon
1.0.0. Mexican black king
Old 21-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
this guys got quite small hands though,come on jimmy you,ve got loads of pics with annies in you must have some with massive heads mate
Yes, i have some photos showing anacondas with MASSIVE heads. Let me search my files and i'll be right back to post

Someone pointed out that anaconda's heads aren't all that big. Well, IMO they are because the main difference is that while retics, boas, etc (specially burms) at some point through their adult size have their heads stop catching up with body size (starting to look pin headed in relation to the bulk of their bodies), anacondas seem to develop their head size through their entire life. I have seen girthy condas with impressive necks (that almost seem like a fat prolonged extention of their own bodies) and with scary huge heads.
Old 21-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Forum Citizen

No boa or python even comes close to THIS abnormality:

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
Yes, i have some photos showing anacondas with MASSIVE heads. Let me search my files and i'll be right back to post

Someone pointed out that anaconda's heads aren't all that big. Well, IMO they are because the main difference is that while retics, boas, etc (specially burms) at some point through their adult size have their heads stop catching up with body size (starting to look pin headed in relation to the bulk of their bodies), anacondas seem to develop their head size through their entire life. I have seen girthy condas with impressive necks (that almost seem like a fat prolonged extention of their own bodies) and with scary huge heads.
thats because as you know anacondas slow grow all their lives mate whereas a captive retic can be completely full grown between 8 and 12 years,if powerfed the head just doesn,t have the opportunity to grow particularly when smaller prey items are being offered.
i think with anacondas the circumference of the head is very large but for me retics heads are definately longer and a similar width,the depth of some annies heads is monstrous though so it gives that bulldog look
Old 21-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
No boa or python even comes close to THIS abnormality:

SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!
yikes!!!

Tags
burm retic python growth