Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 21-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Regular

We accept what you are saying.

As noted we do also offer a 33L RUB option for those customers that prefer this specification.

The Whatmore tub may not suit everyones needs but it is a cheaper tub to buy than a RUB and gives the customer options.

Mark
Native Reptile Housing Solutions
Old 21-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Regular

Gregg M,

Thank you for your comments.

We launched our company at the beginning of this month and made the decision to start with a popular size and expand from there. We are already developing a hatchling rack for a customer and will shortly be updating our website to include this option.

Mark
Native Reptile Housing Solutions
Old 21-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Pure Welsh Geckos
Default Hey

Hi,

I dont post much in here but a customer of eurorack i would like to say a few words--

I took the plunge on ordering a Eurorack from derek who is such a nice man and i was really pleased to be buying off.

The rack was expensive but i payed for what i got in my eyes, the rack turned up when he said it would, It looked professional and my room looked much better. Everything was in place to plug in and go, All my geckos are eating much better now even the trouble feeders and eating comfortably.
The sides on the eurorack make them look better in my opinion and also make it look better again ah!

Of course if you dont want to spend ££££ on a rack then DIY is for you, If you
have spare time to build it and make sure the heat matts and stat is working.

But everyone has there own opinions...

Image of my recently bought rack----

crazeemaz and Fionab like this.
Old 22-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Premier Citizen

I agree with the above, the two euroracks i have work perfectly, and there are no issues
i have used my own purpose built racks and i had a Vision V70 before i decided to swap over to a 70l eurorack to give my bigger females more space

As for the open side, i have used 25mm jablite cute to size in each gap side and back, i have then covered and insulated the top so its a hard surface so i can store stuff on it

My temps are stable and spot on, my girls are ravenous atm and breeding very nicely

10 x 33l rack

8 x 70l rack

i sold the V70 and used the money to purchase the 70l
i wouldnt swap back
Old 22-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Super Regular

I don't own one as of yet but im planning on ordering a 12 x 50l eurorack next month yes i know i could probably buy an ikea pax system and make my own for half the price as i already have one but in my opinion the eurorack looks so much better and the open design isn't an issue as they now do enclosed sides also for 33 and 50l the ikea idea isn't that good as they overhang so can't be lidless. the extra money is well worth it in my opinion and you can even pay a little extra to have them bring it to you and set it up too i think that's a great service
Old 22-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Super Regular

Here's my ikea pax top shelf now has 3 12l rubs too

This cost me about £350 with all rubs mats and 2 stats plus screws and insulating stuff
Old 22-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Premier Member

interesting thread!
i have looked at euro racks, pro racks and some others but as i like to build stuff myself and the cost of buying one would upset me i opt to make my own vivs and incubators racks etc. the only thing i find with making racks for hatchling is finding the tubs in large numbers where i live. i have being looking at online ordering at the moment but if anyone knows of a place to order cheap clear plastic tubs i would be greatful

i find really usefull boxes a little over priced if i am honest!!
Old 22-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Premier Citizen

I still build my own hatchling racks as i can make to any specification i wish
however i do not use clear tubs, i use Trfast tubs from Ikea
i find my hatchlings are ravenous from the offset and are spooked when i open the tub

TROFAST Storage box - green - IKEA

i but the white ones, and at £1.50 each you cant go wrong, perfect for royals up to approx 250gms
motorhead and jaytrehy88 like this.
Old 22-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi View Post
I still build my own hatchling racks as i can make to any specification i wish
however i do not use clear tubs, i use Trfast tubs from Ikea
i find my hatchlings are ravenous from the offset and are spooked when i open the tub

TROFAST Storage box - green - IKEA

i but the white ones, and at £1.50 each you cant go wrong, perfect for royals up to approx 250gms

i have looked at some of the ikea stuff and to be honest the prices are very good. i may build one of my racks with those white tubs for some royal hatchlings but am looking for some larger ones for the likes of burmese hatchlings something that would do a few months worth of growth if you get what i mean. the racks that i have to build will cover boas and pythons royals,burmese carpets womas and BCIs also the dwarf BCIs. some tubs i shall be looking for some height in them and some more floor space. the boas and carpets could share the same sort of tubs and the rest in the ones that give the floor space.
cheers for the link!!
Old 22-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Super Citizen
Default Euroracks - Yes!!

I would definitely and have been recommending Euroracks!

I have had no issues with any of my racks, so much so I am planning on ordering a hatchling rack and 18l rack as well as further levels on my existing 33l and 24.5l racks!

All of my royals now have a great appetite and have bred well in them!

You get what you pay for! The racks are of sound quality and priced to fit within the market. ( I did price up building my own with similar materials but the cost was very similar and to think that Derek needs to make a profit out of it!! Afterall, he will have expenses himself like unit cost/labour/materials etc)

I have no issues that have previously been mentioned - my racks are stable, of sound quality and workman ship, keep humidity well and hold very stable temperatures.

Customer Service has been brilliant and Derek is a fantastic guy.

IMO I would certainly recommend buying a Eurorack - you won't be disappointed! I've seen comments on FB from many many happy customers
kenobi likes this.

Last edited by lizard_fanatic; 22-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: error in writing