Reptile Forums banner

Taurrus mites

8K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  bladeblaster 
#1 ·
So I have still got mites, it been an on going battle with them, I have been using callingtons- but I'm not a fan of all the chemicals as I have two young boas and a young retic in my gang ( the age is really besides the point I don't feel right using so many chemicals on any animal if I can help it.)

No matter what I do not to " contaminate" my other vivs the got in :devil: so my new plan KILL MITES WITH MITES

So I just spoke to Chris at pilbara about these bio mite killers the seem just what I'm looking for, I can't wait to get them and kick some dirty mite butt.. I just spent £70 with delivery (a fair bit more then callingtons and other chemical based products some would say- I'm guessing they are hard to breed ??) But I would spend ten times that to win this WAR I'm sick of these :censor: pestering my pets.

so has anyone used these before ?

TAURRUS Mite Control for Snakes & Other Reptiles

I can't wait to try these bad boys out, I shall report my findings....

#4 ·
Cheers :2thumb: I can't wait- its exciting stuff

I treated at 430 am today (before work) I shall be giving the vivs a massive clean on the weekend, F10 plants hides you name it will be scrubbed down (need to keep the incoming troops alive).

Get rid of the newspaper they are on at the moment and put aspen back in

Chris said its better to use substrate with Taurrus as they will live in it then go along eating eggs and mite until the war is won.

They will take about a week or so to arrive as they have to order them in then get them posted to me...

I have to say I'm rather excited to try this :blush:

#3 ·
I read, once, that these can cause as much trouble as they can fix.
I can't remember why, and I can't remember where.
Basically, I might have just made that up - I'm not sure!:lol2:

They seem like a good idea, but I don't have any evidence. As said above, if you're GOING to use them, remember to not use them along with chemical treatments or you'll kill your new investment.

#6 ·
They should be fine they don't live off snake blood only other mites, so once they have terminated the other NAUGHTY mites and their eggs they naturally die off,

#7 ·
Aaaah brilliant cheers for the heads up mate, I shall keep the humidity up for the troops :no1:

#23 ·
Thanks for the reply Chris,

Hopefully get to the shop soon been meaning to have a visit for a while but with the mites I'm avoiding others reptiles.

#24 · (Edited)
They're great (Taurrus) and so was the customer service from Pilbara. Great guys to do business with. Also very jealous of their Antaresia collection!

I didn't actually have mites but did have an unknown entity turning up in the form of a WC Candoia boa. So I didn't want to take the risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.