Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 24-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Forum Citizen
Default curiosity killed the cat

I just got and emperor scorpion two days ago and while i was at work my mothers F#%@*&G cat knocked the scorpions tank off the shelf to try and get at it. Luckily my mother heard the commotion and got her horrible little flea bag out the way and managed to scoop up the scorp
with ease and put it back in its F'd up tank. Would the sting had much of an effect on cat. When
i find that cat its getting put in a box with my adult p.ornata

Angels to some , Demons to others

Old 24-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Regular

Dbt the sting would have much of an effect on a cat emperors are more known for using there pincers more often than there sting chances are you woulda been a scorpion down (personally id remove the cat from the building as well.. I hate cats lol) if I were you I'd find a more secure place to put your emp as your cats already shown an interest and is likely to do so again.

Man this auto spell correct does my nut in spend more time correcting wrong words than I do typing lol
Old 24-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Ultra Citizen

An emps sting is little more than a pin prick so i doubt it would have any lasting effect. The claws however, if a cat found its paw in your emps claw it would end up yowling & your mum would have to quickly learn how to get an emp to let go of a cat.
Now the cat knows there is something fun in that tank it'll never leave leave your scorp alone. You need to keep the cat out of the room if possible.

We have 2 cats 1 keeps trying to get Mrs SpiderSnakes corns - hasn't worked out how to push the faun off the burms viv, yet......

1.0.0 Corn snake, 0.1.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Burmese python, 2.2.2 Tarantulas, 1.0.0 Crested Gecko, 2.1.0 Cats, 0.2.0 Children, 0.1.0 Endlessly Nagging Wife!
Old 24-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Forum Citizen

Yes i agree the auto spell on my Samsung galaxy tablet drives me insane

Angels to some , Demons to others

Old 26-03-2012, 08:20 PM
5 Star Member

not to put a dampner on things but theres a reason cats are awesome predators and ive seen videos of a wild cat killing a rattler on youtube never trust a cat near any exotic id even co as far as saying some of the dwa stuff are at risk of getting battered by a cat think about it spids,snakes,scorps for the most have one line of defence cats have 5 rasow sharp claws lightning reactions and a nasty set of teeth. just try picking up a ferral cat and find out how much u bleed imo cats have never been truely domesticated look at how much wildlife they destroy ive had grassies,adders (yes adders) slow worms, and the normal mice birds and small mammals (including yearling rabbits) best ruck ive seen though was between my stray i took in mashing a seagull for tearing the bin bags open was like clash of the titans....... so dont under estimate wat a feline will do sorry to hear he mashed ur cage but at least scorps still with us. (yes i know grammers but im working and typing lol)
spinnin_tom likes this.
Old 28-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Ultra Citizen

my old cat got out of the room we locked him in when we were out and he knocked my t's tank off and killed it then hid it behind the curtain lol i could of killed him for it!!!
Old 28-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Premier Citizen

So...not to be 'that person' but a cats a cat...didnt do it to you off. Your well aware you have a predator in the house and if they get into your animals then theyre obviously not secured enough . My cat almost got into my horned frog tank once though....wasnt happy!! but the lid wasnt properly on. She never set foot in that room again though!
Devi likes this.
Old 30-03-2012, 08:44 PM
5 Star Member

Ive kept exotic and cats for years and know for a fact that i always have to keep the exotics locked away in another room, my male cat tried getting into my 8 foot burms viv once and that wouldnt have been pretty, he's bought in pigeons before and even a crow, cats are mental but funny enough the only thing he's scared of is my ferrets, now there 10 times worse than cats
Old 30-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Posting Deity

My cats are more interested in the live food for my spiders than my spiders, they're not even interested in my snakes, they only go into their room to sleep in the sun when it shines through the window onto the floor, they can't eat them, they can't play with them so they're not interested lol.
And Eternity in an hour.
William Blake

Mini Zoo
1.1 Corn Snakes, 0.1 Western Hognose, 0.1 Mexican Black King Snake, 1.0 African Brown House Snake, 0.2 Royals, 0.1 Spotted Python, 0.1 Red Milk Snake, 0.1 Jungle Sunglow Boa, Various Tarantulas, 1 Turk Roach Colony (feeder insects for spiders), 0.1 Kitty Fur Ball

0.1 Crawl Cay Dwarf Boa - RIP my gorgeous girl
Old 30-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaM View Post
My cats are more interested in the live food for my spiders than my spiders, they're not even interested in my snakes, they only go into their room to sleep in the sun when it shines through the window onto the floor, they can't eat them, they can't play with them so they're not interested lol.
Same my cats like locust more than the lizards.

Tags
cat, effect, scorpion, sting