Reptile Forums - View Single Post - New Volly Viv - including piccies!
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochester1967 View Post
They look really good. The only thing i would have done is drill a hole in the back wall where your stat probe is and put both the probes through the back so having minimal cable in the viv. I can see them pulling them off the back wall.I know some dont like drilling holes in their new vivs but it works best for me.
Thanks, I know the bottom one they do come through the back, I knocked a few slats out of the vent and fed them through there, had to drill loads, the ceramic holder was a nut and bolt fitting rather than screws, and I did the same with the bulb guards rather than keep undoing the screws (and weakening the wood) when I need to change the bulb, so not too bothered about drilling just automatically copied what 'd done in the gecko viv, but by the time it come to doing the ground floor viv I was knackered and realised it'd be easier to just run the cable round the outside and in through the vents
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can