Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Leopard Gecko
Thread: Leopard Gecko
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Gold Star Member

If you're really that concerned you'll have to take her to a vet.

There are a lot of variables in a change of appetite. Just the fact it's winter could be contributing to that.

But there's no need to get worried so early on. Keep monitoring for a while longer. And trust me, they sleep in the weirdest positions.

Mine sometimes sleep with her leg hanging out her hide in what looks like a physically impossible movement let alone comfortable.

Just saw your post: It's hard to comment on correct supplementation. After all it's your reptile. But what you're doing is widely the accepted way.

Personally I use Repashy Calcium Plus. It has everything a leopard gecko will ever need and you use it on every single feed. No need to change.

Also what age is she? She might just need to pace her eating a bit.

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.