Reptile Forums - View Single Post - bearded dragon not eating
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2012, 02:22 PM
5 Star Member

Lighting Guide for all Reptiles from Arcadia < This is a really useful resource to help you figure out what you need, if you get confused PM Arcadiajohn on here, he's always helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty_Lizard View Post
I never used UV bulbs with my beardies, although I do use one with my tort.. I assume tubes are better because they go the length of the viv.. Also younger beardies need to get closer to their uv.. When I breed beardies mine would hang just over half way down the viv..

As she seems to spend a lot of time up by the uv bulb then I would expect that she is trying to utilise it as much as possible I would recommend trying a UV tube.

Liz
I'm very surprised you say that, it's considered standard care for a beardy to have a high percentage UVB available during the day. Tubes are better because they emit far more UVB and yes, exposure is increased due to the size. T5's are extremely good, emit the most UVB over the longest period and don't emit dangerous UVC as far as I know (unlike any UVB bulbs/tubes from brands like exo terra etc). Hanging the UVB bulb halfway down the viv is considered bad too due to the eye damage and unnatural position (think it causes something like photo-kerato-conjuctivitis)

https://www.facebook.com/BizarreBeasts/

Last edited by vgorst; 24-11-2012 at 02:28 PM..