Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Getting prepared
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Egg
Default Getting prepared

Hi folks.Expecting my first royal soon and i am trying to get everything right before she arrives.I think as far as i am aware she has had 4 feeds and is coming along a treat...hopefully have her next week.Firstly i decided not to go anywhere near my local pet shop and opt for a reputable breeder.
So now i have my small terranium set up after reading countless articles and two books on husbandry i decided to fork out for all the bits and bobs, heat pad, two temp sensors (digital), hygrometer, thermo control etc etc.I seem to have become obsessed with getting the temps spot on lol i wake up during the night to check the temps for a snake that isn't there yet!.......so onto my question,
I have read posts about setting up etc etc but what i cannot get is a couple of q's answered so i thought who better to ask.....1.The wires and temp sensors, how do i attach them onto the plastic, do i attach them onto the plastic, do they go onto the base or can the sensors sit on top of the bedding? The temp sensor for the heat mat i have under the bedding at the moment in direct contact with the base, i know not to use tape, any suggestions?
2.The basking side of the case is sitting within temp no problem but ambient is below what it should be due to my room temp, i suppose a radiator would need to be on constatly to get this up? right now i have basking:32.3c and ambient side 27c.I just want her to be as comfortable as possible and with these wires lying there i keep imagining she will just get tangled so i know i am doing something wrong....Anyway i hope someone can help me, jesus panicking before she even arrives, what am i gonna do when she is here lol.Thanks a million guys!