Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Corn Snake Owner!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Super Regular

as above, open spaces rather than amount of space is the problem. if the woman in the shop told you a 4ft viv would suit a hatchling i would urge you not to shop their again as its ludacris. i got my corn in a 1'x1'x1' nano viv and in there he stayed till he was about 4/5 months old. there are many snakes that would fit the criteria for your next snake it just depends on what your looking for as an owner for example, diurnal species (active in the day), noctunals (night time activity), or crepuscular (active at dusk and dawn), basking species (so they have to come out to warm up) or species that are happier with a hide over a heat mat (verry much like the corn you just bought no doubt) in all it comes down to what you want in your pets. i would research and hold out for another snake untill you have your heart set on a specific snake otherwise you may find your passion dwindles and you end up selling the animals, which isnt fair on the snakes. hope this helped. welcome to rfuk and remember, "there is no such thing as a stupid question"
1.2.0 bearded dragons
1.0.0 yemen chameleon
if you shut up and listen you might learn something....providing i get it right, otherwise i'm just filling your head with crap [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/CENTER]