Reptile Forums - View Single Post - stressed beardie
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Hatchling
Default stressed beardie

Hi, my baby bearded dragon is stressed out, I got him sunday as my xmas present, i had his tank all set up and ready. I have a 5 ft at front 4ft at back vivarium, he eats and everything :however after he doesnt bask he goes under the heat for like a minute and then back on his piece of wood, im not sure why but when he sits there he stresses out or if i go down stairs and back up to my room he sits away from the. Repti glo light, i think this is what is stressing him out as he goes know where near his basking lamp. I plan on getting another tomorrow as it flickers at the ends and iv read bad things abput exo terra products. When i prdered his things i got a phone call telling me the one i wanted orginally was put of stock and they said they were sending me a better one. I read guides on getting all the stuff 10.0 bulb etc. However last night when i was pn my laptop he was like puffing his beard out and looking more alert for a few seconds like he was going to be sick, and he did it a few mins ago now. So really what i was wanting to know is whats a good bulb, and would he not bask because of the tube causing him troubles. He looks a little more round so it seemed to me he wasnt digesting his food because of not basking i have been giving him calcium (4times) and like a multi vitamin once (dusted on cricket) his bask spot is 38' and 33 hot end and about 27 ish cold end. Right now hes basking and gaping