Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Have I Got All The Correct Equipment Listed?
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by awh View Post
came across this site for you, it seems to be a good read as its for rankins only

it says 24 inch long for one 36 inch for two

Rankins Dragon .co.uk - Housing

the stat needs to be a dimming stat

kricket keepers are useless buy a small fish tank or a rub with high sides and put some holes in the lid

you will also need Nutrobal use this twice a week and pure calcium five times a week
also i would buy a infra red temp gun you can pick one up on e bay quite cheep
I've read the website many many times long before, and have also noted down the size requirements. However, I figured if I provided plenty (loads) of leaves, rocks trees etc. For them to climb this would increase space for them to be apart.

I've also liked the idea of a gun, but thought that two digital thermometers would do ok. However depending on my budget range, ill probably have one digital thermometer on the cold side with the thermostat on the basking side.

I have also done my research on the calcium. And will be providing a bowl of calcium powder for them to lap up when they feel like, alongside water bowl and a food bowl for worms.

Due to limited space I'm afraid another fish tank won't be an option. The main reason for the cricket feeders was the ideal black tubes. The vivarium will be in my room and so cannot stand escapees. I believe I do have a smaller 1 gallon plastic fish tank? Can they climb these? Saying that, they are pretty low down and so they quite easily jump out. Suggestions?