Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Corn snake for a 12 year old? advice
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie1986 View Post
hi all i'm hoping im posting in the right place- it will be my sons 12th birthday in febuary and after years of pestering for a snake i was considering letting him have a corn snake- as from what i've heard these are best for beginners. just wanted some general advice on what i should be expecting to pay? there's 2 independent reptile shops near to where i live (worcester) and also a pets at home that have started to sell reptiles. thanks in advance!
I wouldn't buy animals from pets at home, some people on here do but personally I would not, I suggest having a look around the local reptile shops around where you are or try and find breeders close to you, try looking round the classified section.

My corn (bloodred/diffused morph) cost me 60 from a good reptile shop, she was my first snake and she's grown and changed so much, mine was kept in a large flat faunarium, heated with a stat controlled heat mat, digi thermom probe on the bottom of the faun under the substrate & then there's decor, hides, substrate, water dish etc etc, didn't cost all that much, the stat cost the most I would say but this is essential to control the heat mat.