Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of setting up an enclosure for lizards ,recommendations please.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalezandTailz View Post
I know it terrestrial but what about ackies? I keep a quad together and ive never owned such entertaining species! They're very tameable and their antics are both interesting and funny. They love tunnelling, climbing, exploring and you'd have a chance of viewing all of that, plus the setup looks deep enough to be able to build a multilevel wood structure. With some fairly strong wire mesh attached to the top in a hinge fashion you could create a lock at the front and simply place some basking lights and a UV tube on top of the enclosure.... Argh! It could look awesome!! You must at least consider the option of being able to see tunnels and nests that the rest of us don't really have the opportunity of doing...
I'll be watching this thread, this could go so many ways it'll be fascinating to see what you do...
Scalez
Thanks for your input, I'm still entertaining all options and am in no rush.

Can you give me more info on "ackies" cos I don't have a clue what your talking about...
Do you have any links to pics of setups so I can get inspired.

Didn't get round to measuring up this afternoon but I did get the tank drained and fish rehomed back out in the pond.

Ps. I should add that another factor in choosing the ideal species would be colour. Not for my benefit ,some of my fave fish I kept were dull brown things most peeps wouldn't look twice at. But my daughter just coming up to a 1 year old would appreciate the more colourful species.

Last edited by 72Fastback; 03-01-2013 at 06:22 PM..