Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of setting up an enclosure for lizards ,recommendations please.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyjodes View Post
My brother in law has a similar tank and I've been screaming at him for ages about converting it for dart frogs- you could still have a waterfall and an area of water albeit shallow as they're not amazing swimmers. They make incredible displays subjects and re about as colourful as it gets- d.leucomela are ideal for beginner dart keepers and are bright yellow .
Whatever you decide to keep if it's a tropical/woodland species I'd go for live plants which really are a lot easier to work with than you'd think and will give you something else to look at and work with while the inhabitants aren't out doing their thing.
Yep another nice idea, thanks
First thought though is how many of these guys can you house together? And secondly if a group numerous enough to fill the tank is possible it could cost??? In livestock. Although obviously the relatively huge space would be excellent for the frogs I might not get to see them often. Most of the setups ive seen on here look tiny in comparison.