Reptile Forums - View Single Post - 5 Month old Corn - right size?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:01 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to sammy1969 Send a message via Yahoo to sammy1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie View Post
Alright. Was just wanting to make sure, being she's my first snake. Been reading up a lot and just wanted to be sure I'm doing things right.
Thankyou
I can understand that completely and it is always a worry when you are new owner that you may not be doing what is best for the said pet. I have been keeping corns for over 20 years and i was just as worried when i first came into the hobby I am not what most people think of as a mormal keeper as i dont believe in some of the usual ways of keeping ~ie the strict 7 day feeding of x amount of pinkies of this size at this time of day and prefer to follow a more natural form of feeding where as long as a hatchling does not go anymore than two weeks without food and the food is no more than 1.5xs the girth of the snake I am happy to let them go a few days under or over like they would in the wild leaving them to grow at a natural rate rather than forcing them to grow at a specific rate. I know some keeper do not agree with my methods but i would rather have a healthy snake that will live to a ripe old age than a snake that makes it maximum length sooner and has years taken off its life but then I always was an old fashioned girl
This is just my own opinion and not the opinion of all keepers
1.1.0 dogs(mysty and storm)
0.1.0 german giant beardie(Zeus)
0.1.0 bearded dragons (Faith)
0.1.0 Bosc monitor (Hercule
1 tank of tropical fish
1.0.0 Bushy tailed Jirds (Fuzzbutt)

0.7.0 Fancyrats (Blaze,Nibbler,Cleo Patchra)

XTEAM DITTAX/