Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Anyone got Axalotl's
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Egg

The frozen bottles of tank water sound like a good idea, i never thought of that. My PH is 6.8 and the ammonia looks to be about. 0.1 I am obviously wanting to get this down to zero I seem to have a floater and a swimmer, this worried me at first but she's not at the surface gulping air, just floating about, she can and does spend a lot of time on the bottom too. My male (i have decided and think you will agree, he is a male) has taken to copying the floating thing from my ?female? She is now bigger than him by maybe an inch although she was smaller when we got her, they are both eating the same as i feed them live earthworm with the kind of grippy scissor things. They do both gulp air occa,sionally from the surface but then can stay at the bottom for hours so i think they just like to do it! If anyone has any advice or thinks i should be doing things differently in any way please feel free to comment, any help is appreciated. I am currently looking for a new tank maybe 4 feet, they are fine at the moment but Im sure looking early is best! I saw a lovely. 5 foot tank the other day, complete with light, filter, gravel, heater (yep i know i would have to re sell or bin most of it) for 180. But think i will get January xmas debts out of the way first, i would say my male is maybe 5 in and my female 5 and a half to 6. So i think they will be just fine for a few months (probably 3 max) well i am on my phone again so please excuse my lack of paragraphs