Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Ceramic heat lamp
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakspear View Post
Hi dan

Personally I wouldn't bother with the night time drop, I don't with my carpet unless your trying to breed then I have no idea if dropping temps will help.

I don't see why you couldn't use a ceramic with a dimmer but I've never tried it so couldn't advise, I use a ceramic with a pulse stat.
When you say do red bulbs 'heat the same as a normal one?' If your referring to a normal bulb then yes they do they just don't give off as much light, imagine a dull red torch.

No such thing as stupid questions just stupid people I'm kidding they are not stupid questions.
Also welcome to the carpet python owners club also post some pics up in the snake pictures section when you get a minute, there are guides how to upload photos in the newbie section, also may be worth searching for the carpet python threads also to have a little look at what others have etc

Good luck and hope he/ she settles in quickly
Lolz I agree, just stupid people! Me being a prime example :p I'm picking her up on Tuesday she's a Iran jaya jag. I've also got a female hoggie a male bumble bee royal, female and male wild type royals. Just fancied something a but more lively and less of a house brick this time haha. Ill probably take some pictures Wednesday and get them on in the evenin

It wasn't so much the night time drop I was worried about, it was the fact of leaving a light on all night to maintain the temps and not providing a 12/12 light cycle. A lot of cp owners are using ceramics from what i read and they give off no light. But as a cheap solution for now could I use a red bulb of the same wattage to achieve the same temps?

Thanks for taking the time to reply
Dan

Sent from my iPhone