Reptile Forums - View Single Post - FloGirl wants a snake
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2013, 06:10 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloGirl View Post
Thanks everyone, FloGirl does appreciate your comments. FloGirl was also considering a Boa but she knows these get bigger. Are these also ok for a new snake owner??
They can be, it depends on the owner. I'd love one and while I have a fair few years experience and have cared for one at college, I'm really small and light, so I don't feel comfortable putting the other people in my house in a position where they may or may not need to help me if I ever get bitten or take my eye off the ball. I am considering dwarfs though, so that may also be something you'd be interested in? On top of the other things I tend to have my snakes in as large an enclosure as possible, I'm already beginning to get a bit uncomfortable having my CB12 royals in 3ft vivs, and I know theres a large possibility they will spend their adult lives in 5-6ft ones.....to feel comfortable owning a bcc i'd have to buy a new house so new owners need to look at the type of housing that is available and what they are comfortable using

DEED NOT BREED! SAY NO TO BSL!

The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world, but it WILL change the world for that one animal.