Reptile Forums - View Single Post - UVB light for beardie dragon
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon1502 View Post
Its hard to know who to trust when you dont know yourself coz we could tell you anything and you would have to believe it.. One thing I will say though, the breeder is trying to sell beardies and make a profit. We have nothing to gain by giving incorrect information. The people of this forum come on here and give (most of the time) good advice for free because of our love for reptiles. It sounds to me that the breeder wants to sell you one before you either change your mind or find another breeder, hence the reason why you have been told a 2ft viv will be fine for a couple of months.. What you are in escence being told is to take one now, it will be 'ok' in a 2ft viv but it will need changing pretty soon. By this time you have already speant 50 on a Uv set up which will need replacing in a couple of months time and potentially cost you another 50 because you will need a bigger starter to deal with the bigger tube and also a bigger reflector.

And when I say a 'couple of months' I actually mean 2 months. After 3 months your beardie will of grown so much that a 2ft viv will physically be too small for him as well as the heating side of things. My opinion - Save money by doing it correctly right from the start and also that should cut out all the risks ill health due to incorrect heating!
Yes I said to my partner maybe she want to just get rid of them which is upsetting to think she would just let it go into an environment that isn't suitable just for profit! That's not on if this us there intentions , however I agree with this it's my first reptile and want to do it properly and have a happy chappy rather then a miserable unhealthy thing because if false information, it is hard when your told one thing and some one days another and in my guy tells me my viv isn't quite big enough aswell I agree with we're your coming from. I really do appriciate all your advice it's extremely helpful and tbh I'd feel awful if I got it knowing it wasn't suitable . Defo going to see what u can do with this viv if I can extend it any way