Reptile Forums - View Single Post - UVB light for beardie dragon
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2013, 09:34 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighsuzanne View Post
It's a shame some breeders maybe need to rethink what there doing and concentrate in welfare of the babies rather then the money side and makin profit suppose they think well iv gr my money so what ever happens I guess which is grose it's horrible thinking there are actually people out there like that. Shouldn't be allowed pets.
Ah no worries I'd rather how my plans on a downer for a day then have one unhealthy beardie dragon but hopefully I can sort my viv out so it will work and ill take that little baby dragon on and give it a fab environment and look after it properly an like you said this site is fab for information ad advice had I not have been in here well I'd have one unhappy beardie for a while, it's a great site. Xx
Unfortunately there are so many BD's that this results in so many bad keepers. BD's are also so easy to breed and also produce many eggs that they are the perfect (how ironic!) breeder rep. With so many poor keepers owning them (usually 2 or more to a viv) this results in gravid beardies which they can make a quick buck from. Unfortunately in most cases breeders of BD's are in my experience poor keepers.

Now let me just state that I am in no way calling any BD breeders on here poor keepers, in all honesty I'm talking more about so called 'breeders' locally to me not on here. Thankfully the only breeders I know of on here are well established and I have no reason to question their husbandry. I am also not stating anyone that keeps pairs or more of BD's in one viv as a bad keeper. I know this can be successfully done with the right BD's and the right keeper.