Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Sick baby beardie :(
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Egg
Unhappy Sick baby beardie :(

Hi guys, first post here.

My beardie young, not sure how young, body is about 7cm long excluding head and tail. Could be a boy or a girl too, but either way, it's called Steve.

I got a new beardie last week (14th Jan) and bought the pets at home 200 4ft viv with shelves and a starter kit (heat lamp, UV lights etc) and set it up and popped him in. Everything went well for the first few days with Steve and the temps/timings. The temp gradient is roughly 31Cmin and 38Cmax in the hot end and a steady 24/25C in the cold end. With it dropping to about 15/16C at night.

Problem is, he now sits on the bark under the heat lamp all day and all night (lamp off at night) and doesnt move, not even for food. I havent seen him bathe/drink since i got him either. He usually either sleeps all day, or sits with one eye open and one shut. He doesnt react to people coming in the room, and i have touched him before without him realising I was in his viv despite me not being sneaky at all. He sleeps or at least is inactive all day.

Crickets literally walk on top of him and he doesnt even flinch or look at them all day. He barely moves all day and I'm worried about him and can't really take him out to a reptile shop or vet or anything because of the weather. Any advice at all?

Appreciate it, Pete

Pete March's photos | Facebook

Last edited by pedders; 20-01-2013 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: Photos