Reptile Forums - View Single Post - help needed - bearded dragon
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2013, 07:32 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml19 View Post
Hi thanks it's bog standard set up till I get paid at end of the month. She is a rescue bd so was just a what ever I could get to get her comfy job it's a 3ft vivexotic tank with 60w heat bulb and a arcadia + d3 12% T8 for lighting has laminate flooring one side basking she has a log witch she loves closes her eyes so assume she likes it and sleeps next to it at night and few rocks other end is a hide and a plant I am measuring off the 1 digi thermo will move it to the cool side in a min and let you no the temp just trying to do as best as I can with small knowlage for this rescued beauti has a small amount of water and food and she hates baths lol hope that helps
Have you purchased the uv tube yourself or was it second hand? Eyes closed (unless sleeping of course) usually means they are upset by something. Either wary of close hands or a predator (you) nearby, or possibly an issue with lighting. Any chance we can see a pic of your setup, pictures can tell a thousand words. I wouldn't attempt bathing yet as it will just stress her and any water bowls should be located in the cool end.

You haven't mentioned your basking temp (directly under your heat bulb), unless that was the 90c? If it is then that is too cool, you want to aim for about 105-115f or 40-45c. Your cool side could also be a little warmer and in a 3ft viv I imagine it would be if your basking temp was correct, so I'd imagine your basking spot is the 90c?

Also may want to use something gripper than laminate flooring, lack of grip can cause joint issues apparently. It would make sense as it certainly isn't similar to what they would come across in the wild.