Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Does Crested gecko temperature need to rise and drop and coincide with day/night?
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2013, 01:08 AM
Egg
Post Does Crested gecko temperature need to rise and drop and coincide with day/night?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and have just bought my first crested gecko after wanting one for some time. I have done plenty of research beforehand and I have decided I am going to keep the little feller at around 21-24 degrees and around 70-80% humidity.

The question i pose is...
Does the temperture have to rise and fall and coincide with a day night cycle, or can it be kept constant?

I am aware that my viv does have a warm and a cooler spot, but didnt know if the overall temperature should drop at night?

Which also leads me onto another issue...
My house is quite a cool house, so during the day when room temperature should be at its highest if i was to recreate the gecko's natural habitat, it is actually quite cool. Whereas the heating comes on on an evening so the hottest part of the day is actually after sunset. Will this matter?

Thanks in advance for any help as i have searched all over and cannot find any specific answers.

Matt