Reptile Forums - View Single Post - baby bearded dragon hiding
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul3col View Post
The good thing is that he never done a runner as you opened the glass door.

You could possibly introduce a female of the same age but you may need to separate as they get older.
Please don't do this. Beardies should never, under any circumstances, be housed together. Males have been known to tear limbs of one another, same with females, and if you keep a male in with a female, she will be constantly harrased and mated, which could result in her becoming eggbound and very ill.

It's completely normal for young hatchlings to hide. They're protecting themselves from predators. We have some young beardies at the pet shop I work for and more often than not they're sheltered away, although I do tend to manually move them into their basking spots whilst I feed. Just take it day by day. Reptiles can take months to settle in so you'll need to be patient. Once he/she is a little bigger and sees you as less of a threat and more as the person who gives him/her tasty treats, they'll be more inclined to approach you.
1 Albino Lavender Kingsnake
1 Bearded Dragon
1 Axolotls
1 African Pygmy Hedgehog
"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."
------------------------------------------------------------------------