Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Western Fence Lizard Help
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Oh God - not her AGAIN

Hi and welcome to RFUK.

As you rightly say, with the benefit of hindsight, he would probably have been better left in hibernation in a safe place.

So what to do now? I am no way an expert on these lizards, they are not very commonly kept in the UK. But bringing a lizard out of hibernation is not as straightforward as just warming them up. Dehydration can be a major problem and he may benefit from a Poweraid bath - but I don't know what strength and to get this wrong can be harmful. He is not receiving enough UVb for a diurnal basking lizard although you are doing what you can for that. Would it not be possible to provide even a compact bulb? You don't say what temperature gradient you have in the tank. Unfortunately wild lizards will have a parasite load and if they are then kept in sub-optimal conditions this can overwhelm them.

The best thing you can do - after this very inadequate response from myself - is to post this in the Lizard section of the forum. There are some keepers on there that are far more experienced than me. You might also want to send a private message to Gregg M who is very experienced and also from the US to ask his advice.

Eublepharis macularius 7.18
Timon lepidus 2.1
Lygodactylus williamsi 4.0
Teratoscincus roborowski 1.0
Phelsuma grandis 2.2
Bellatorias frerei 1.2
Pogona vitticeps 1.0