Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Bosc Monitor Feeds
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsi View Post
no but i buy six chicks a time thats 3 at 50p each, and to be honest even if it was a quid a chick that hardly makes any difference to the cost it would be what an extra 12 quid a month for chicks, hardly puts the bill up much, the rest of it is what costs as any bosc keeper will tell you, if i just kept leos etc then yes it would cost alot less, but i dont and wouldnt to be honest with you,not that theres anything wrong with that type of lizard just dont interest me.
also my bosc isnt the only rep i have that enjoys the occasional chick that why i buy 6 a week. And if i do overpay alittle on the chicks then it still dont matter much to the cost per month, as its not their cost that makes it so much.
I have a bosc and I don't spend 35 a week feeding it. He gets roaches, crickets, locust, snails, worms, chicks, rodents, all of which I get in bulk. Maximum I've seen chicks is 10p each...anyway, doesn't matter. Just thought 140 per month (almost 1700 a year!) was a bit steep for one lizard.