Reptile Forums - View Single Post - Help Please Newbie baby crested gecko advice
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2013 View Post
This is amazing. I've never used a forum for anything before and want to thank you all for the time you've taken to answer my questions, and for not making me feel stupid!

I'm still a little confused about the bulbs (we have three and counting!) but I'll post again after I've taken out the substrate, reorganised the viv and re-read the posts. We have a digital thermometer which we've moved around the viv to make sure there is a heat gradient. We didn't attach the heat mat because once we put the moss in the temp at the top got to 25c and at the bottom was 18c ish.

We live in a small, old and cold house so need some heat for the viv as the ambient temp in my sons room is 15-18c (no oil/central or electric heating) just jumpers, water bottles and wood burner downstairs!

I'll post some pictures as soon as I learn how to!

Thanks again. Jacqueline (Ruben's mum)
you are most welcome !! as you can see you will get 100% sound factual advice we are always looking to help people

with the size of the viv its not a huge problem just make sure there is plenty of cover if your gunna stick with the 45x60 loads of plants and hides and ledges etc just so he/she feels safe.

As paul said dont touch it for two weeks lol YOU MUST RESIST haha let him/her settle into the new home and get used to things then you can start introducing yourself and handling etc

FYI those pictures didnt work WE LOVE PICTURES lol so sort them out haha

Mike

0.0.1 Aru X Manokwari GTP (M.Viridis)
1.0.0 'Pisky-Be' Panther Chameleon (Nosy-be X Ampiskiana)
1.2.0 Satanic Leaf tailed Gecko (U.Phantasticus)
1.1.0 Henkels Leaf tailed Gecko (U.Henkeli)
2.5.0 Crested Gecko (R.Ciliatus)
1.0.0 Corn Snake -