Reptile Forums banner

starving snakes Canterbury

9K views 135 replies 55 participants last post by  Rowena 
#1 ·
I would never have believed it would be so impossible to get food for my snakes. I am housebound, I cannot shop online That has broken down, and not one of my friends or even acquaintances will go near the reptile shop. I have wracked my brains for what to do but can't think of anything. I have one mouse left and am giving it to the corn but the boa hasn't had a square meal for nearly two months now. Is there anything a friend can pick up from the supermarket that they could eat?
Or any kind person close by? I will be selling the boa.

#29 ·
No it is no wind-up! People in this country have no idea how the other half (mostly the elderly) live! Life is hand to mouth for so many in England today. I am one of the fortunate. I have the money to pay for things. What I lack is the means of reaching anything. Online my computer refuses to do most things. I can only access a few forums and do emails. I cannot access anything that requires a password every time. Don't ask me why. It is just a fact. A nice man on Paypal tried to get my payments possible after my card number changed but was unable to. I am housebound and cannot get near shops, and I can't even find the number of my nearest reptile shop. It isn't in my directory. I can order my own food from th local shop by phone but that is about the limit of what is possible.

#4 ·
might be worth ringing a reptile shop to ask if they wouldn't mind delivering?
or asking a taxi company if they would pick up the money and a list from you and then go get it and bring it back to you.
i'm guessing you mean your usual website you use has broken down, but theres loads more!

#5 ·
Hey, no problem, throw me your postcode and I will whizz over with 100 frozen rats for you, do you need any grocerys while im on the way? maybe a new viv or 2? I will bring a new computer to so you can order some frozen when you next need it, don't worry I will leave my credit card with you to, just to make it easier for you.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

#9 ·
This makes no sense, there is a reptile shop in Canterbury and why wont your friends go near the shop? Either go to the shop or have a snake starve...Seems like an easy decisions

Reactions: BenjiBrutal
#12 ·
  • Get a taxi,
  • Get a bus,
  • Get a lift....

If there is a reason why getting about yourself would be troublesome, for example - health issues...

• Order online,
  • Order over the phone,
  • See if the shop will deliver,
  • See if someone would do one of the above for you...

If however the issue lays with money...

• Beg/borrow.

Not to sound harsh but....

This should of all been thought out with multiple ways to ensure you can provide for your pets regardless of what may or may not happen.

#13 ·
you say this but still manage to get online to post on the forum

#14 ·
Air rifle and garden pigeons or squirrels...

I picture the OP like some sort of Hitchcock's 'Rear Window' character. You see the problem, but just unable to do anything about it..
Was believable in the 60's, any way..

Tom

#17 ·
I never know whether half of them are serious though, I have posted a joke response to people asking stupid questions or questions they could of just googled and been flamed for it:blush:

#23 · (Edited)
Trying not to be harsh, but perhaps it is a RSPCA issue, if two completely different species are being kept together that require completely different housing with very little food being offered to them? Can't imagine potential health issues they might have, if the owner can't even provide basic essentials for them...

#31 ·
Here is the number for Canterbury Exotics 01227 786033

You can call them and ask if they will deliver, pay over the phone.

If they cannot deliver, you can simply call a taxi, ask them to collect for you and deliver to your house. I have done this successfully before when I couldn't get to the shop.

You have a duty of care for your animals and it would be best for you to accept the kind offer by the poster who has previously contacted you to look after the boa.

Artisan is right, there are clearly ways around this, and if the animals suffer it will be down to your choices as you have been given alternate options.

#43 ·
If the boa is hungry its only a matter of time before she's hungry enough to eat the poor corn.

#45 ·
I Don't believe you are are refusing to let GeorgiaAndJayFuzz take the snake so it will be cared for and are instead trying to sell it on preloved !! Stop being a money grabbing :censor: and do whats best for the snake :!::!:

#46 ·
You need to listen to what people are telling you and get them sold or give them away.

It can sometimes take a while to sell animals these days so your best option, unless all your concerned about is money, is to rehome them. Without asking for money.

Only way really that they are going to get the life they deserve. Also, your ad says that the corn hasn't got a home now due to having to seperate them. Can I ask where it is and whether it is being heated etc.

They both need to go, even if it is temporary until you are able to have them back, I'm sure someone will be willing to do this for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.