Reptile Forums banner

New pet!

713 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  _simon_ 
#1 ·
Ok please don't think I am ripping the mick here, I'm being serious...

I bought crickets for my Leos and must have forgotten one that was in the tub, been there for ages and he's still alive, I've moved him into a small faunarium and given him water and food etc. I figured the Chinese consider some crickets lucky and keep them as pets so I would keep this one! Anyone know the average life span of a normal black cricket?

He's called Papa Stevr by the way! : victory:

#2 ·
Haha. No idea how long they live. Is he a good pet?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Awww, that's nice. I always feel guilty when I shove them in with spids and they get munched. Why shouldn't they be pets also? :)

Love your sig pics btw :mf_dribble:

#8 ·
#9 ·
I think its a PC box, as it has a temp guage on it.

Simon: did you breed the crickets? If so how successful were you? I've always thought the adults would eat the babies if kept together.

#11 ·
The box was an mATX pc case, I don't use it any more as I couldn't fit the modern graphics cards in. The graphical display at the top was a digital fan controller known as a Scythe kama meter.

I have bred crickets in the past but trying to clean out a smelly cricket tub and not lose the micro crickets was a pain in the arse so I went back to just buying them. Not aware of any getting eaten but as you know they're so small when they hatch you probably wouldn't see it happening.

#13 ·
Locusts are nice. I tried breeding those but didn't have much luck, only had a handful of babies. One of the problems I had was that in order to breed they have to be kept very hot which in turn means they eat almost non stop, so I was forever giving them food throughout the day.

One of the babies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.