Reptile Forums banner

bearded dragon layin????????????????????????????????????

529 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  02thompson 
#1 ·
my female has been digging for ages now but has not layed any think she doesent even look pregnant is this cos she is gettin ready 2 lay or is it just board wb asap ???????????????????????????????

#2 ·
Ideally you should add a laying box with some substrate like sterilised peat/ vermiculite or sand. Temps for it should be approx 28c for laying conditions. A small tray like a kitten litter tray or similar would be ideal!

If they arent already i would seperate your beardies from now on. Speak to your rep vet and let them know the situation. You will need to keep an eye on her, if she is going to lay there is a chance she could become egg bound which requires immediate veterinary treatment.

Has she gone off her food? Thats a good sign along with the digging. Have you had experience of breeding before?

#4 ·
My female never really looks gravid until a few days before laying, i noticed she was digging a lot, 3 days ago. So i prepared a laying box, and put it in, she went off her food 2 days ago and just kept on digging, i returned home this evening to find the viv looked like a bomb had hit it, she was stading in the laying box almost camouflaged as she was covered in sand. So i put her in a seperate viv with lots of food and a little water. Removed the laying box and started to carefully search. I found 19 eggs which all look good and are now resting in the incubator :2thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.