Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A little Help please!
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2009, 07:18 PM

Thanks for all that! I apologise if I'm asking too many questions or repeating things, however I want to make sure my little mans house if perfect and I know exactly what I'm doing before I go and get him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi Mack View Post
60% humidity is way to high and your beardie would get a respirity infection and become very ill.
I went back to look for the page that I had read about the humidity. I can't find it so I either misread, misunderstood or dreamed it up lol

Quote:
Beardies live in the desert i.e. dry arid conditions, don't spray them or the viv at all.
Whilst I've been reading up on various websites, I've also been around various pet shops in search of information. I've been told by one pet shop to spray the dragon as well as the sides of the vivarium? Are you saying that this should never be done, or giving him an occassional spritz is OK? Same for the viv?

Quote:
If needs be you can give them a bath in luke warm water to clean them, let them drink etc.
I've taken note about letting them have a splash about in a shallow basin, also to give him a gentle scrub with a soft toothbrush if he has any bits stuck to him. What is your opinion on that - good idea, not so good idea?

Quote:
the temps can drop to around 60f (15c) at night without causing any problems, if it goes a lot lower, get a ceramic bulb on a seperate pulse thermostat to keep the temps up.
That's my main issue dealt with, ta

Quote:
Also please remember beardies can't sense heat from underneath so don't put any heat source underneath them.
Duly noted! It seems to be the general consensus and by all accounts a big NO NO.

One last (well, probably not last) thing - what is the recommended age to get them at?